[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Mold Max 14NV 25 or 30?
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Mold Max 14NV 25 or 30?

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Mold Max 14NV 25 or 30?

Postby mangozac » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby RageofAchilles » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:17 am

Well, it would seem that my garage is totally the wrong environment for Vacuum casting.

In the summer when I first got my kit, temperatures were 25oc with 90%+ humidity

Winter has set in now so it will be really difficult to keep my garage above 15oc while I'm in there. Plus with all the rain we have been getting in the UK, I'm pulling 2-5 litres of water out of the air each night with my dehumidifier!

No wonder I get foaming resin and trouble with curing.

I do have a halogen cooking pot that I bought for curing minis sculpted with Fimo, I will pop some resin in there at 30oc or so while it cures and see what happens :)
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:31 am

mangozac

Postby RageofAchilles » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 pm

RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:46 am

I am also on the south coast of the UK (Portsmouth) and have had some of the problems you are exhibiting but nothing like as bad. My current workshop has a leak in the roof above the casting table and I'm still putting out saleable casts. S-C305 and various silicones.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:33 am

Hi Fleafa, your only about 25 miles from me (Felpham, Bognor Regis).

And yeah it is extreme. I have been resin casting for about 8 years now and white metal casting for 12 years before that, just for myself. I only encountered the problems seen in the pic when using the Vacuum chamber...A problem that does seem to be more pronounced when I use a pigment in the resin. Also the parts I make are quite large, which dosen't seem to help. I did just get some perfect casts out of a new mould without using the chamber, or adding pigment to the resin. So there is hope I think ;)
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:57 pm

What pigment have you been using?
mangozac

Postby RageofAchilles » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:27 am

So-strong pigment. Recommended for use with smooth-on products.
http://www.benam.co.uk/products/plastic ... ng-9-pack/
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:36 pm

I am baffled! :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby horizon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:02 pm

So actually you two could meet up and could try to work out the problem together it's it keeps persistent.
horizon
User

Postby RageofAchilles » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:46 pm

RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:08 pm

I'd be open to such an idea in the new year. Crazy busy before then :)
Sounds like you have more experience than me, anyway.

What power is the vacuum pump? That and no pressure would explain the fine bubbles to me. I have no experience with the anti-foaming additive.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:00 am

RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby dce1511 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:19 pm