[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - The Giant Mecha thread
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

The Giant Mecha thread

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

The Giant Mecha thread

Postby paulson games » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:37 pm

I've been compiling a bunch of mecha pictures to use for inspiration. There's a ton of pics which will make organizing it into a post too problematic so here's the link to the gallery:

Basically I'd like to come up with some design concepts that interest people, and untimately produce a resin kit based on those designs. Which suits do you like? What elements do you think are overdone or that you dislike with various suits? What would you like to see done with suits?

Feel free to quote and post the mechs from my gallery, or feel free to add links to other cool ones you might happen across.

Some of the mechs are very streamlined and some are kinda clunky, so there's a pretty wide range of designs to pick through.

paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: The Giant Mecha thread

Postby mangozac » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:45 am

So much awesomeness! You do a fantastic job of digging up cool concept art - better success than I've ever had!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Seb » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:12 am

Of all the pieces, that last design has my conversion bug twitching. I'll dig up some files I have and post shortly.

Guess I'm a sucker for a more clean aesthetic.

- Seb.
Seb

Postby dark_gear » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:12 am

While looking around for some Masumune Shirow suits I stumbled upon the work of Ken Thompson on flikr.

One suit in particular really just screams out to be made and painted.

Though a quick look at his online portefolio reveals very intriguing designs that, while uncommon, would make for very sculptural kits, such as this robot nurse. It's funny how she can be creepy and sexy at the same time.

Keep the concepts coming,

Dark_Gear
dark_gear
Casual

Postby Seb » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:41 am

Have you seen the Darkson Design's US Marine power armor for their weird war II Nazi-Occult game? Getting a similar vibe from the first art shown.

I'm very much thinking of buying 3 and converting them up as IG sentinel stand ins. I'll have a dig myself and see what I come up with.

- Seb
Seb

Return to The Waiting Room