[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - guges-D!!! (WELL, almost)
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

guges-D!!! (WELL, almost)

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

guges-D!!! (WELL, almost)

Postby Warhound » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 pm

Hey guys,

just found this guy over at Splatta Splatta (the sound that it makes as it hits the side of the bowl! :lol: ) - god I hate that site!!

Anyway, while the sculpt is not as tight as I would like (and I have critiqued the model in person)- I really like his take on it! Not sure on the cost, but will probably add one of these to my collection :D

Note that it comes with 3 arm and leg options aswell as heads and weapons!

What do you think?

Cheers
WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: guges-D!!! (WELL, almost)

Postby paulson games » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Very interesting, very inspired by appleseed and the helmets are almost completely identical to the robotech mospeada bike. Has a lot of promise for suit conversions.

paulson games

Postby Wolfs16 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 pm

While I do like this, there's something about the 'thunder thighs" that sorta turns me off. If they were a bit less round, they would work way better in my opinion.

Wolfs16
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:56 am

The Guges is big and round, but this thing is just fat looking. "Thunderthighs", as Wolfy said ;)

Still, it's not a bad sculpt and the small lack of detail has been masked well in those pics by some "busy" painting.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby dark_gear » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:00 am

Interesting model.

It's like a mix between Cirillo Suits, Ma.K and Shirow's Stand Alone Complex designs.

The large flat areas seem like they would be great for hyper detailed weathering (a.k.a Lin.k grunging). Too bad It's a metal kit though, can't put and paste parts as easily as if it were plastic.

Dark_Gear
dark_gear
Casual

Return to The Waiting Room