ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

New member introducing myself.

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

New member introducing myself.

Postby ottbry420 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi, everyone, my name is Bryan. I'm pretty new into this art, and I'm very excited to be getting started. I've been dreaming of it for a few years, actually, I just never had the money. As it turns out, once I took the dive, it was a lot more cost effective than I thought it'd be, and it's a lot more fun. So, for right now, I'm using amazing casting resin with amazing mold putty, and I've got pourable mold rubber on my list. Right now, I'm working on pretty small scale projects and helping my fiancé with her art. I'd like to get into prop making and move on to smooth on products, but I don't know much about the different kinds of resins yet.

So that's me. Nice to meet you. Now, that I've introduced myself, I'd like to meet you. What do you work with, what do you make? So on.

Lastly, I'd like to get a real quick basic groundwork of things I need to learn by asking a few questions I've not been able to easily find myself.
1. How do you color the parts? I'm familiar with tint and the dust stuff you put in the mold,(what's that called?) but I've got projects that are a base color that can be achieved with tint, but what's good for coloring details?

2. Will the resin bond to itself? Say I want to make an exploded part in clear resin, can I lay down a base then a piece then resin, a piece, resin, so on? Can I let it cure between, or should I pour it while the previous layer is partially set, or all at once?

3. Cleanup. How do I make cleanup suck less?

4. I feel like pumps would be awesome for measuring. Has anyone had any success with that?

Okay, there it is. I look forward to being a part of the community here!
ottbry420
Casual

Re: New member introducing myself.

Postby Epic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:39 am

welcome! :lol:
Epic
Casual

Return to The Waiting Room