[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Getting Back Into Casting
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Getting Back Into Casting

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Getting Back Into Casting

Postby Wiltrichs » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 am

Hi all,

I'm not a new member but haven't been here in a very long time. I'm looking at getting back into casting again. I've used 3rd party casters for last couple of years but want to start doing it myself again to bring down costs.

I've dusted off my pressure pot and compressor, ordered some new parts and casting equipment and will be starting back very soon.

In the past I've just cast display plinths and themed gaming bases but I'll be trying to learn how to cast my own sculpts this time around. A lot more complicated I'm imagining.... but should be good fun.

I'm looking forward to sharing my casting highs and lows with you all.... I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of questions for you experienced lot! :)

First project will be this guy which I sculpted last year:

Split ready for casting:

| |
"When the pin is pulled Mr Grenade is no longer your friend!"
Wiltrichs
Casual

Re: Getting Back Into Casting

Postby Fleafa » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:48 am

Nice. Probably going to need a channel from the pommel to the knee.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Wiltrichs » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:53 am

Thanks Fleafa! The last of the mould making stuff I was waiting on arrived today so hopefully going to make a start tomorrow. I'll post an update over the weekend.
| |
"When the pin is pulled Mr Grenade is no longer your friend!"
Wiltrichs
Casual

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu May 18, 2017 9:59 am

I would also run a piece of round rod from the bottom of the mallet head to the side of the base where the foot is
Blindhorizon
Habit

Return to The Waiting Room