[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Greetings from LordDirk
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Greetings from LordDirk

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Greetings from LordDirk

Postby LordDirk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:24 pm

Hello everyone! For anyone who doesn't know me from the Advanced Tau Tactica forum, I am LordDirk an animator and concept artist. I have been involved in a few modeling projects, mainly those who choose to model my illustrations. I do a bit of Warhammer, mainly painting and modeling and I hear this is the place to go for modeling tips and tricks. :) Warhound turned me on to this forum and I can't wait to start getting some real critique and help on my concepts.

As this is my introduction page, I will post some images to let you know generally how I work.

Image Image

Image Image
Last edited by LordDirk on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animator and Concept Artist
LordDirk
Casual

Re: Greetings from LordDirk

Postby Wiltrichs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi LordDirk,

Amazing artwork, I don't go on Advanced Tau Tactica so I haven't had the pleasure of seeing your stuff before, but WOW!!!

Very much looking forward to seeing what projects you put up here :)

All the best,

Wil :)
| |
"When the pin is pulled Mr Grenade is no longer your friend!"
Wiltrichs
Casual

Postby paulson games » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:46 pm

I've seen most of these already but even still they are just great.

I'm looking at getting some custom sculpts done based on your mech/drop kroot. :)

The Krootau plastic guys I did were inspired by the art but even then they didn't get feel or me so I'm going to see what can be done with a scratch build in greenstuff.

Welcome aboard and definately would love to see more of your art anytime. :)
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby LordDirk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:34 am

To Wiltrichs: Thanks for the kind comments. :) I came on here specifically to produce higher quality products and artwork. Now mind you I mainly do Tau inspired stuff, just my theme at the moment. ;)

To Paulson Games: Loved your Kroot-Tau! I have detailed plans for how to construct the Drop Pod Kroot, in my head, and I'd be happy to share with you my ideas. The suit I think will take some layering, as it's mainly a patterned under/flight suit. Considering Kroot have little to no armor, I made the suits more like vacuum sealed rubber and cloth, than thick metal. Only the helmet and shoulder-pads are solid armor.
Animator and Concept Artist
LordDirk
Casual

Postby Warhound » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Well, I think you have come to the right arena for high spec level stuff! :o

Great to have you on board Dirk!

(and yes the JV6 kroot suit will be coming soon!)

cheers
WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound

Postby dark_gear » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:01 am

Welcome to the Asylum LordDirk,

While I haven't seen much of your work on ATT (since I pretty much ignore that site now due to the low signal:noise ratio) I'm thinking that anyone who can provide Zac with sketches for a project that will follow the trend setting Tau Walker just has to be good.

The sketches that you posted just confirm that initial statement, especially the Suited-Up Kroot with Predator-styled netting connecting armour plates. Keep the work coming and rest assured that if you really want to expand your hobbying/modding/building skills, you will get the feedback you need to keep you on your "A" game.

Cheers,

Dark_Gear
dark_gear
Casual

Postby axiom » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:21 pm

axiom
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi Axiom, great to have you on board. LordDirk probably won't be around for a bit as he's super busy with real life stuff.

Paulson has a thread on his Mech Kroot, however looking at it now the pic links are broken. Swing him a PM to tell him to fix them ;)

When you get a chance please take some time to fill out your own admittance form, or Warden Warhound will be on to you!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Return to The Waiting Room