[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - SSB's General Log
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

SSB's General Log

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Re: SSB's General Log

Postby SSB » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Some work in Progress... A whole bunch of Blood Bowl trophies for French tournaments... :)
Yep, I convinced some to get a miniature trophy !

Damned this shapeways frosted ultra detail is hard to photograph !
Si Dieu existe, j'espère qu'il a une bonne excuse !
SSB
User

Postby Fleafa » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:20 am

They look great. Can't wait to see the casts.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 am

Yes, I like the work with the wire venting also ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby SSB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:45 pm

I did the casting yesterday !
I'll take picture and post them... ;)

Next step : vulcanisation mold (for metal casting)
SSB
User

Postby SSB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 pm

The mold architecture...

(please note the scotch tape on the left to measure the height of the minis in the mold)

How I measure the silicone I need :

I empty the mold, fill it with sand up to the scotch tape... (I hope that the wolume occupied minus the silicone loss during pourring will make it enough...)

And finaly the quantity it makes in the pot that will be vaccumed (there was approximatively 500g of silicone at sand level). This recipient fits just right in my vaccum chamber...
SSB
User

Postby mangozac » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:12 am

Such a clean, professional looking setup!
mangozac

Postby SSB » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Here are the resin casts (I did put together the dragon for the photo...) :

Pré "cooking" mold (I have arranged the miniatures around the disk and worked with silicone some bumps and holes around them) :

Post cooking mold (resin miniatures have been very much damaged while separating the two halves of the mold) :

Here are the rest of the minis that were Inside the mold (heat made them turn green) :

And now, the vulcanised mold (you can notice one of the metal Anchor flipped and was attached to the wrong side of the mold, it won't be a problem for the mold's life or efficiency) :

Today, I'll be finishing the mold, cutting vents in it in all kinds of ways.
I'll post some photos... ;)
SSB
User

Postby Fleafa » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Cool :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:43 pm

mangozac

Postby SSB » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:38 pm

For the moment, it is a hobby.
But it might become my job in the future.
I am exploring this idea at present times... :)

To get into foundry, we did a workshop at a professionnal foundry in Paris, 2 years ago (or 3 maybe) with a friend. The Tools were really expensive but metal casting is just great ! :)

I have been über busy these days, I'll post the photos in the next few days...
SSB
User

Previous

Return to The Waiting Room