[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Iron Sky
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Iron Sky

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Iron Sky

Postby paulson games » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Been waiting on this for 4 years, it's a fan funded film action/comedy.

Nazi's from the moon.

http://youtu.be/Py_IndUbcxc

Releasing today in Berlin, will be here in april.

Older trailers

http://youtu.be/4KEueJnsu80

http://youtu.be/DeAfoiN5SDw

http://youtu.be/DeAfoiN5SDw
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Iron Sky

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:26 am

I remember you mentioning something about this before. Looks amusing, although I don't knowif I'm excited about it as you :P !
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Seb » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Einstein-esque scientist with oculars, gloves and white breast buttoned lab coat, holds up the captured Astronauts iPod like device,
"Und.. vot is ziss?"
"My computer"
Scientist dismissively waggles the device,
"You call ziss a komputer?.."
then steps back, full of pride, posing in a beholding fashion; arms indicating an entire wall fitted tube computer;
"..Now zis..Zis! is a Komputer!"

That single scene in the trailers sold me on the movie.

- Seb
Seb

Postby paulson games » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 am

I sent one of my buddies the link for the trailer and when I asked him if he watched it he seemed like he was offended, I was like seriously how did you watch that trailer and not get the sense it's a comedy?

That was coming from the same friend that ranted about loving dead snow, go figure. Somehow zombie nazis are acceptable but not moon nazis? :roll:

The computer line had me dying, as did the brief shot of the UN all cracking up at being informed there were moon nazis about to attack.

Preparing for "Meteor-kreig" is another great tag line that's in another trailer which is said as they are launching UFOs out of ships that look like zepplins.
paulson games

Postby Seb » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:03 am

I'm just looking forward to the blatant abuse of every Nazi connotation, stereotype and meme available.

Pity about your chums odd reaction; the whole thing is farcical, so this response is especially odd. :)

Either way, already seeking out who will release it in Australia.
Seb

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 am

Apparently no Australian release date yet, which is kind of crap since apparently it was part funded and largely filmed here...
mangozac

Postby Seb » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:21 am

Vot!? Zis is madness!

Meteor-Krieg ze Ostra-lehahn Film Commission! :o
Seb

Postby TomG » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:23 pm

I remember Samuli Torssonen aka Captain Pirk when he did with his friends Star Wreck series and he was regular fan. I have somewhere some theirs test renders from Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning. I did these times some 3D stuff (Star Wars, Babylon 5). Some guys these days made some scifi short videos, primary on server http://www.spacebattles.com, althought origin of Star Wreck was a bit different.
But I had Samuli on ICQ and we were talking about 3D, but I hadn´t that much time to help them as 3D modeler.
I hope this new movie will be fun. :D
Last edited by TomG on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Postby Anvils Hammer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 pm

This film looks amazing!! cant wait! thanks for sharing.
AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Kennui » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:09 am

Star Wreck was great. Saw a trailer or something for Iron Sky some time last year then forgot about it.

Forgot how I heard about it but I had very little understanding of Star Trek so.. parody of something you've never seen.. Still great fun!
Kennui
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Just watched this tonight. Gotta say I found it a bit odd although I did enjoy some of the humour. That main Nazi chick was such a goddess though it was worth watching just to be mesmerised by her :P
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:28 am

Man they still don't have it playing here in the US, there's a couple select showings being held but they have all been one night affairs which require the tickets to be sold far in advance.

Annoyed there's not a general release yet :evil:
paulson games

Postby paulson games » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:31 am

paulson games

Postby horizon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Fan boy is great!!

Anywhoo,
Iron Sky 8/10
saw it in theatres few weeks ago.

I liked the humour. The plot was nice enough (a little flawed in the middle part). The special effect and all were great given budget and funding. Nothing to be ashamed of vs hollywood.
horizon
User

Return to The Waiting Room