[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Imperial Armour Model Masterclass Vol 2
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Imperial Armour Model Masterclass Vol 2

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Imperial Armour Model Masterclass Vol 2

Postby mangozac » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:30 am

Anybody going to FW open day? Sounds even more exciting than the first book, but the FW newsletter doesn't say when it will go on sale online. I guess after open day?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Imperial Armour Model Masterclass Vol 2

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:04 am

I should be going :D

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:20 am

They don't have them available any cheaper or anything at open day do they? I'm pretty sure they will be able to ship it to me cheaper than you would if I got you to grab me a copy, and waiting another couple of weeks won't kill me :P
mangozac

Postby blind pig » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:57 am

It'd probably be signed if sold at Open Day, is all.
blind pig
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:09 am

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 am

Hey if you're offering then (and want to stuff around posting it) I'd be appreciative!

A Signed copy would be fun too I guess :P
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 pm

I can hardly contain my excitement for this book.... Just Sayin'
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Likewise!

We did the sums and it's over the top expensive to Get Deadmeat to pick me up one and post it here, so I'll just have to wait till it goes on sale :(
mangozac

Postby blind pig » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Posting books from the UK is stupidly expensive!

I holidayed over there a few years ago and was posting things back to friends in Australia, so I didn't have to carry heavy items like books.

I've been waiting for this book to come out and i'll be making a FW order as soon as it comes out!
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 pm

So does anybody know the release date for this?
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:20 am

Dude so sorry :( I only just picked up on this thread. I went....I bought one and I could have got another and got it all signed :(

I'm really sorry I missed this thread mate

Just to say it isn't IMHO it isn't better than the first. It does have some very nice mini's in the book and a couple of expanded large dioramas but the first book was better at some of the explainations to 'how it was done' as it reads to me with a little assumption that the individual has prior knowledge or at least read the first book.
Now some may say that's a given, and some may say that the book isn't aimed at the novice, but surely the reason your bought the book is because it says 'Master Class' and your expecting to be taken in new direction when it comes to modelling?
There aren't any 'New' techniques in the new book and nothing that really stands out for me in the sense that it doesn't have any new tips or tricks for someone who owns the first book. It's really more of a forgeworld showcase book.

BUT.... if you don't own the first book it'll have loads for you :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks mate but we figured by the time it got posted it would be cheaper to wait for the actual release and just buy direct.

Interesting mini-review. I personally enjoy these kind of books mostly for the inspiration they provide more so than the techniques shown: I mean the internet is full of more techniques than a book could ever hold! So I have no doubt that this will certainly appease my eyes at least ;)

BUT

Was there any mention of the actual release date?
mangozac

Postby mangozac » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Why do you taunt me so, FW?

I sit here at my computer and suddenly Thunderbird pops up an incoming email alert from Forge World. "Yay this newsletter must finally announce availability of Model Masterclass Vol II" I say to myself.
I click on the email alert to be taken to my inbox. I open up the FW email in a full size window and am horribly disappointed to be greeted by yet another boring old school style Spesh Marine tank (seriously I don't get the point of this old school stuff) and Apothecaries.

Where's my new Model Masterclass!?!? :x

/rant
mangozac

Postby mangozac » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Finally its been released!

I reckon I must have placed the first order for them, since I was sitting here at the computer when I received the FW newsletter ;)

I grabbed a Tau Tank Commander to mount in the top hatch of my SAW too. Will post a review of the book when I get it!
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:34 am

Well I suppose I got one of the second wave orders then.... the ones where they check email and order!! LMAO!!! It looks amazing and I cant wait!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Return to The Waiting Room