[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - What's up with the ads?
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

What's up with the ads?

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

What's up with the ads?

Postby paulson games » Thu May 10, 2012 8:03 am

I've noticed a lot of add links being injected into recent posts was this something that was changed on the server? or maybe it's just something that happened when my copy of IE updated?

It seems only to happen when I'm browsing without logging in. Once I log in I don't see them.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: What's up with the ads?

Postby mangozac » Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 am

There definitely shouldn't be any ads! Maybe your browser has been hijacked? Any chance you could grab a screenshot?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 am

Screen shots

The links in the thread weren't ones I added, when I try editing the post there's no url tag visable but it still shows in the post.

I'm not getting this on any of the other forums I use, which is kinda strange if it were my browser.

(it's showing in several posts, including yours)
paulson games

Postby Xeones » Sat May 12, 2012 5:23 am

I've not had any problems. I'm using the latest version of Firefox and/or Safari and both seem fine.
Xeones

Postby Fleafa » Sat May 12, 2012 7:24 am

IE is hijacking your internet!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mel_danes » Sat May 12, 2012 8:12 am

It's malware, not real bad but not good either.
Could be a browser extension or actual Trojan.
Try running malware bytes, check your extensions library, and look for errant processes.
mel_danes
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sat May 12, 2012 8:44 am

There we go; our resident computer gurus have spoken :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Kennui » Wed May 16, 2012 10:18 am

Look through addons/extensions if you can, some stealthily add them as such. Doing scans won't necessarily remove them because they appear legit. I had one removed except the firefox version stayed which redirected all google links to ads.

Have you tried using different browsers? Or viewing the posts on different computers?
Kennui
Casual

Postby paulson games » Wed May 16, 2012 12:35 pm

I rolled IE back to an earlier version and it seems to have fixed the issue.
paulson games

Return to The Waiting Room