[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - GW Price Increase - June 2012
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

GW Price Increase - June 2012

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

GW Price Increase - June 2012

Postby Arkangel » Wed May 30, 2012 8:48 am

Ok guys well it's that time of year and it would appear GW have finally put the nail in the coffin for me. It's been announced that this years price increases will range from a rather annoying and un-reasonable 20% to a truly disgusting and down right criminal 67% depending on the product.

I for one will be spending my money on other systems/minis or where necessary going to the independants that offer 20% discount.

I never thought with the current economic climate they'd go this far. And for me it's just too far.
It's a sad day :(
I'm just glad I got my FW stuff ordered in time. I'll be ordering some bits thurs before the deadline :oops:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Re: GW Price Increase - June 2012

Postby init_zero » Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 am

wow - that's absolutely crazy. I can understand a modest (~10%) increase - but up to 67%?!?!?!
init_zero
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Wed May 30, 2012 11:14 am

Its VERY CLOSE for me too Dan... Im lucky I have so much on hand right now that I need to paint and build I dont need to buy more.

Im getting where Im looking more and more to the resin alt sculpts and other companies to get my minis already and this is just another reason to do so.

Now am I going to quit playing games?? NOPE. But I will limit spending to very little a month if anything to GW and give my money to other companies out there. :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed May 30, 2012 11:39 am

GW price rises don't effect FW do they? In fact I can't remember the last time I heard of a FW price increase!

This latest price increase news has a lot of even the most staunch GW supporters quite upset. I did read an interesting comment on one blog that applied some business logic:
The increased prices may decrease the volume of sales, but hopefully not enough to impact the revenue. Less physical sales means less cost of packaging and distribution, which for the same revenue corresponds to more profit. One would assume that the production volume doesn't decrease enough to have a negative impact on production costs (since GW runs its own facilities then the cost of production only really varies with cost of raw materials).

The problem is that applying pure business logic does not account for things like customer happiness and other similar effects. Not a good way to go IMO: both Arkangel and MJ's reactions support this.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 pm

FW prices are independent of GW.
This price rise is crazy, especially on things like the Stormraven. I have slowed my GW purchases to a crawl (helped by buying many things before I quit in 2007) but that new Ork flyer is so awesome! Damn!
Also, 6th Edition 40K in 5 weeks. That rulebook is going to sting...

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Wed May 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Arkangel
Habit

Postby Kennui » Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Kennui
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:04 am

Yes, but FW are "boutique" models, so one expects to pay a premium. What is ridiculous is paying the price of a boutique resin model for an injection moulded plastic kit version!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Arkangel » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:49 am

I agree Zac BUT with the price increase GW Razorbacks are now only £1 cheaper than the FW ones :?

Arkangel
Habit

Return to The Waiting Room