[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Greenstuffing sand channels
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Greenstuffing sand channels

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Greenstuffing sand channels

Postby Novista » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Cheers for the heads up on what a 'form' is/how.

The thing with modelzone is although it's convenient everythings a little overpriced, also i'd need to buy a pack of card rather than a sheet, as it turns out i've got some 30/100, so i'm cool there and i really need to get that planked card anyway.

On another note i've ordered the blitzs and took a trip to the lego shop and got those pieces to make the, is it shuttering? (only know the concrete reference). I'll get the instant mold next.
On the subject of the blitzs, they're supposed to have planked sides the zvezda models don't, any ideas 'how to' apart from taking a scalpel to them, can you get a cheap scriber? Is it advisable using it on plastic? I can just see it making more mess than it's worth, what do you think?
Cheers for all your help guys. :D

Edit. Aha, you can buy plastic scribers, that'd mean i could make my own planking...
Novista
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 am

Heh the "shuttering" you refer to (I believe referred to as formwork here in Oz) we just call the "mould box".

Not that I've used any others to compare to, but I highly recommend the for doing any kind of panelling. It might scribe lines a little too wide for the scale you want though, so perhaps just the back side of a hobby knife would be better. If the planks are supposed to be timber you might want to use a bit of course sandpaper to add some grain to them too...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Novista » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Novista
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:41 am

mangozac

Postby Novista » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Novista
Casual

Postby mangozac » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:16 pm

The Bare Metal scriber is quite obviously hand made and requires almost no force to use, so I'm pretty sure it's not hardened. The trick is the shape of the tip. It's actually more of a hook.

Ultimately though, like you say, the cost isn't prohibitively expensive and I've certainly spent more on tools that have seen less use!
mangozac

Postby Novista » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Novista
Casual

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Congrats on scoring the new shed! Definitely makes up for not getting the Instant Mould ;)
mangozac

Postby Novista » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Novista
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:53 pm

mangozac

Postby Novista » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Glad you liked it, mango.

I tried making the sand channel the other night, i started out using the 30/100 for the main plate and some of the thinner stuff to do the sides (it was obvious that the 30/100 would be too thick). Cut it then drilled it out, this warped the piece, i carried on though, used poundshop superglue to glue the sides on, it wasn't strong enough.

So next time, drill first, cut second, open posh superglue. Can't wait to get my hands o the instant mold again.

Football over, normal programming shall resume.
Novista
Casual

Previous

Return to The Waiting Room