ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Design A Part Contest

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Design A Part Contest

Postby paulson games » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm happy to announce the first Paulson Games design a part contest.

Do you have ideas for parts you'd like to see?
Do you like scratchbuilding unique parts for your minis?

If so then this is the contest for you. I have two contest options avaialble:

Concept Part - submit your own cool image (drawing, digital art, etc) of a part you'd like to see and if it's chosen I'll make a part based on the design and do a limited production run of them. You'll recieve multiple copies of the part, $25 in cash, and an additional $50 store credit.

Scratch Built Part - submit pictures of a cool part that you built yourself and if it's chosen I'll make a limited production run of that part. (you wouldn't need to send in anything in unless it's chosen as the winner) The original scratchbuilt part will be returned after molding Like the concept part winner you'll recieve multiple copies of the part. $100 in cash, and an additional $150 in store credit.

The limited runs of parts will likely consist of 100-200 copies of the part/sprue. (a more final number will be determined by size of the parts)

There's no set category of specific parts, it can be helmets, head swaps, rifles, backpacks etc. Winner will be picked by me, although feedback from this thread and comments on the Paulson Games facebook page will be taken into consideration as well. If I get a bunch of really great entries I may decide to announce more than one winner, in the case of multple winners each person will recieve the full prize for that option.

I'll be accepting entries until Oct 31st at which point I'll place all entries up for public viewing and announce winners on Nov 2nd.

What I won't accept: Parts visably converted from other ranges. For example if you have a Inifinity rifle that has a sniper scope added to it then I wouldn't be able to use it even if the scope is 100% your scratchbuilt creation. I could use the scope itself but I cannot accept it if it's mounted on the rifle. Make sense?

The part must be on it's own and not mounted on any other line of models

If you use a model or sculpting dolly as a base to work from and the original detail is completely unreconizeable then it's something I will make a judgement call on.

Additionally I cannot accept any sumbissons using parts that display logos or iconry from other ranges, so no double headed eagles, no batman symbols, etc. Likewise I cannot accept any entries that share a name with an exsisting product range, so nothing named "green lantern power rings" for example.

To submit an entry you can post them in this thread or send any pictures to PaulsonGames (at) hotmail.com with a message title of: "Parts Challenge - Concept part" or "Parts Challenge - Scratch Build"

If you have any questions just fire away.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Design A Part Contest

Postby mangozac » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 am

Interesting idea Jon. Good luck with it!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to The Waiting Room