[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - resin bowls
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

resin bowls

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

resin bowls

Postby Anthea » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello, i would love to learn how to cast resin bowls and utensils - salad servers, for example - but I can't find anything out there. Can anybody direct me to reading material/tutorials or a tutor who doesn't mind answering a few questions? I'm a long way away in Africa so any help much appreciated. thank you :)
Anthea
Casual

Re: resin bowls

Postby mangozac » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi Anthea, welcome to RA!

I don't know of anybody on here doing stuff like that. Do you want the items to be transparent? Epoxy resins are probably the only things readily available where you are...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 am

Yea, I dont thing anyone here does that either BUT.....

I work with a guy who does Resin Pens and I think to do things like bowls and such they turn them on a lathe....

Maybe a google search for Resin lathe turning or Acrylic tableware might turn up some results??
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Xeones » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 am

I'd be very careful in choosing your materials if I were you. Many types of resin can be harmful if ingested. Long-term use of resin-based food containers might lead to unintended, but serious consequences. What would happen to the resin under repeated exposure to water, vinegar, or mildly acidic foods like citrus fruits?

I'm not really one of the resin experts around here, but those are my concerns.
Xeones

Postby mangozac » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 am

Actually, Xeones makes a very good point and would make me very hesitant to go down that road. There may be suitable "food safe" products available, but you'd have to talk to your supplier.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Return to The Waiting Room