[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - what not to do with your keys
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

what not to do with your keys

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

what not to do with your keys

Postby paulson games » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 am

Everybody has horrible modelling injury stories, but IMO some of the injuries I've run into at my Karate school make even the best hobby related stuff look tame.

This just happened at National Karate where one of my really good friends teaches. The best part is that it was on film and of course that means straight to youtube. Enjoy :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPp3CK ... ata_player

It's probably in the top 3 karate injuries I've seen. #1 is what we call the "Franken-Toe Incident" where my instructor managed to trip and completely tear off his big toe while doing shuttle runs. Due to it being disconnected for about 3 hours it turned a horrible shade of grey and mixed with the black stitches gave rise to the Franken-Toe nickname.

Karate injuries rule :mrgreen:
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: what not to do with your keys

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:21 am

DEAR GOD MAN!!!! :shock:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:46 am

Hahahahahahaha! Brilliant!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:05 am

DAMN!!!!! :?
Funny as hell though because it wasn't me! :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Xeones » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 am

I feel I've earned the right to laugh because not only have I done martial arts myself, but I've had the re-constructive surgery to prove it! Fortunately, [or unfortunately for you all] none of my mishaps where ever recorded for posterity. :mrgreen:

It's my experience that it's usually not the big, dangerous stuff that gets you (since you are usually very, VERY careful when doing such), but its the small "How on earth did THAT happen?!" moments that end up getting you.

He's fortunate that it was his foot and not, say, his back. . .
Xeones

Postby paulson games » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 am

So far I've never managed to injure myself severely at practice, although I've done a number of things that were somewhat painful but highly embarasing.

While kicking a target over my head height I managed to kick myself square in the face with my shin and promptly landed on the floor with a wtf look.

Another time I managed to punch my foot through the dry wall while running up it to try and kick a target near ceiling height (at least that was the plan). Instead of launching off the wall my foot went through it and got caught inside the drywall. I was hanging rather painfully upside down by my ankle until people could break enough of it away that they could pry me free.
paulson games

Return to The Waiting Room