[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Tested.com
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Tested.com

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Tested.com

Postby Fleafa » Tue May 13, 2014 5:51 pm

I've got one the Darth Vader Master Replicas Force FX lightsaber. Great quality metal hilt for the price and very cool effects. It is a shame they are OOP. I have enjoyed many drunken duels in the dark with my brother (with his Obi-Wan) and once outside the pub with a very excited child!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

I'd have to build mine myself. Buying one would feel like cheating :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby TomG » Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Sou you want be true Jedi. :mrgreen:
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Postby Fleafa » Tue May 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Haha, fair point!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed May 14, 2014 8:04 am

mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Last edited by Fleafa on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:12 am

They do have some talented sculptors there. Not sure I like the real material clothing though, I mean whats next glass eyes , hair, synthetic skin? lol
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:07 pm

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:54 am

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:41 pm

5 minutes in, single-piece split moulds!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:03 am

Nice!

On a related note: I'm glad we don't make stuff for people as anal as movie uber-fans....
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:03 am

Two-part moulding video. No mention of possible problems using platinum rubber with water-based clay, but he doesn't appear to have any. Same rubber I'm using but he tints it.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:19 am

Despite already being pretty experienced with casting techniques I actually found that quite interesting. Sometimes it's just nice to get confirmation that professionals like that do things the same way as you do ;)
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Yeah, nice and reassuring :)

I watched a video of a very talented artist sculpting at the Zbrush summit recently. He was demonstrating his approach to sculpting hair and fur. It was almost the exact same process I have developed over the course of this year; same tools, same workflow! Very reassuring.

Fleafa
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to The Waiting Room