[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Adam Beane Cx5
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Adam Beane Cx5

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Adam Beane Cx5

Postby Deadmeat30 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm

This looks like some seriously nice sculpting material!

its just gone up for sale finally! I dont sculpt and im tempted! its machinable so you can easily do hard edge models and organic stuff!

Deadmeat30
Habit

Re: Adam Beane Cx5

Postby mangozac » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Sounds interesting; I'd like to hear it reviewed. I can't help but feel that the working time will be very short since as soon as it drops back to room temperature it will solidify again?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Commissar-Krad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:44 pm

I guess that would depend on how well it maintains a constant temp. Seems like a cool jack of all trades material. You can sculpt and cast with the same material... Interesting.
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:46 pm

In fairness though you can sculpt and cast from most materials...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby johncast » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi All

Interesting stuff this Cx5 I have just this last week received my block of this sculpting wax/ putty. Good price I thought, here in Australia in under 2 weeks from the states.
I have put it through a few tests to see what it can do for my aplications in small fine scale models. Very much like wax really, and to my disapointment quite soft even after a hour or so of being melted onto a surface, I was hoping it would be as hard as the milliputty or green stuff type product to file and sand / drill , affraid not, only as hard as a hard wax. I watched some of the videos and see that most of the sculps on there are all appling Cx5 to Cx5 figures, my requirement is to melt it to other surfaces and then sculp it further from there. Not good realy as the whole section of Cx5 I melt onto a metal model or resin surface simply breaks off the model, just like candle wax. Milliputty can and does flack and break off metal surfaces too, but if applied first with good pressure to the surface can hold better for further filing and sanding.

Not all is lost it does have a good surface finish and it s only early days so far with this product, if you are sculpting large pieces or figures all in the one Cx5 material it would work very well a little heated soldering iron can give some qood results. better than having to mix 2 part puttys and wait a day before you can continue. Some model project will come along and Cx5 will foot the bill perfectly one day.

Johncast
johncast
User

Return to The Waiting Room