[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Dalchem resins
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Dalchem resins

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Dalchem resins

Postby EvilOverlord » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi all,
I'm slowing getting a working space sorted out and I'll be able to actually start doing something practical soon. Unfortunately, though it's not without it's advantages, I live in the backside of nowhere and will be ordering in a lot of my supplies sight unseen.

Has anyone had any experience with any of the Dalchem resins, such as ? It has a claimed pot life of 5 minutes; but as I live in north Queensland and will be working at around 30C, I'm guess the actual pot life will be a bit less.
EvilOverlord
Casual

Re: Dalchem resins

Postby mangozac » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:27 am

I tried a Dalchem PU resin very early on and was quite unimpressed. Didn't get anywhere near the specified pot life here in SE QLD. The demould time on a 5 minute pot life resin shouldn't be that long and it's way overpriced.

You could give 4PU (from Barnes) a go, since it has a very long pot life, however for fine parts it still has a 2 hour demould time (regardless of what they say in the datasheet). While it has been my favourite product for years they changed the formula recently and I'm no longer happy with the product (but depending on what you're casting it might be fine).

Other options are the Barnes Procast: similar properties to the DC303 but more appropriately priced.

Hope that helps!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Dalchem resins

Postby EvilOverlord » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks for that; the Procast looks the go. Just sent them an email to figure out P&P for the 1kg kit (baby steps!)
EvilOverlord
Casual

Return to The Waiting Room