[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Introductions
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Introductions

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Introductions

Postby Axel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi all,

I started casting as a noob about 12 months ago and I really wish I'd found this forum back then...might have saved me learning by mistakes so much.
I am reproducing parts for a car that is 42 years old and the parts are no longer made by the manufacturer so I'm not sure where that falls under the IP issue but I'll assume at this stage that I can't discuss in too much detail.

After mastering my first part, which is an external trim part in solid resin that I have partially chromed then I paint I have decided to move on to a 2nd item which involves using UV stabilise clear resins.

I already have a largish pressure chamber and a vacuum chamber (see pics below) that I made myself from air compressor tanks. As I'm sure you know the clear resins I'm about to get into require heat curing so I'm in the midst of converting a 4 drawer filing cabinet into a temp oven.

Anyways, I'm expecting to have lots of questions and learning needing to be done as I venture on this journey. I have no previous related background so it's been a steep learning curve, challenging but rewarding and fun. Oh, and I'm from Australia.

Here's a couple of picks of my home made stuff.....

Axel
Casual

Re: Introductions

Postby mangozac » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 am

Hi Axel, welcome to RA! Always great to have another fellow Aussie!

Sounds like you're doing some pretty hard core stuff, so we might be limited as to how much advice we can offer! Your pressure and vacuum chambers are certainly very impressive!

Regarding IP, I'm not too worried about you describing and sharing pictures of casting long out of production car parts. Car makers have a much more realistic grip on IP compared with certain miniatures manufacturers ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Blindhorizon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Welcome! your setup looks like an old school nuke!
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Axel » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:31 am

Axel
Casual

Return to The Waiting Room