[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Help needed in finding a UK pressure set up
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Help needed in finding a UK pressure set up

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Help needed in finding a UK pressure set up

Postby RageofAchilles » Wed May 06, 2015 11:19 pm

That's really handy that it has been converted and comes with all the fittings!
At last a supplier has cottoned on to the fact that they are bought for pressure casting as well.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu May 07, 2015 7:46 am

That is cool! How does the price compare to "normal" pressure pots over there?

Note that it's only got a 60PSI max working pressure. I don't know if that means it's what the emergency relief valve is set to, but a smidge higher would be ideal.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Thu May 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri May 08, 2015 9:05 am

The pressure/vacuum refrigerant gauge I have mounted to my pressure pot has this handy coloured scale around the outside of the face: green for vacuum, blue from 0 to 55PSI, yellow from 55 to 65PSI and then red to the upper limit. It's a perfect scale for quick glance checks as I just want to make sure that the needle reaches the blue to yellow transition!

It's one of these: , although note that the gauge thread is 1/8" BSP, so a 1/4 to 1/8" bush is required to suit the standard 1/4" fittings ;)
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Mon May 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Oooo, fancy. May have to get one of them!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue May 12, 2015 7:33 am

I recommend it! Beats crewing around having so switch valves on the different gauges (so that pressure isn't applied to the vacuum gauge and vice versa).
mangozac

Postby Velvet Mark » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:36 am

Hi there fellow Addicts! Its been a while but rest assured ive been mixing catalysts and sweeping up never ending shards of polyurethane in the months ive been away:)

Perhaps a bit too much...

My pressure pot safety valve has started hissing at 40psi:( after 15mins its now to 30/35psi. No good. From purchase to yesterday it was fine up until 55psi. At 60 it would slowly bleed.

So im guessing the spring in the valve has had it?

Im trying to source parts for the Axminister pot (branded Puma AS 1080) but I cant find anything which looks like the part I need

The valve uses part of the adaptor the regulator uses

- the pressure release vent is in the adaptor itself. All of the safetly valves ive seen are stand alone units like

Here is a pic with the valve unscrewed out of the adaptor

There is a hexagon screw at the back too, not sure if that will affect anything...

Things ive tried
Adjusting the valve in closer, to increase spring tension
Adjusting valve out from stock lengthing the spring.
Doesn't make any difference. Bleeding at 40PSI

Any recommendations/thoughts?

If certain parts need replacing some links would be great too:) Im not sure if the adaptors that connect to the lids are BSP or NPT. I left them as is when it came as a paint pot. The attachments are all BSP (1/4 and 3/8)

Thanks!
Velvet Mark
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Ugh that built-in design is a pain! I'm not sure what the best way forward is. If you take the fittings off and measure them we can work out what thread type they are and replace that entire safety valve tee with a standard tee and relief valve...
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Pretty sure this pot is NPT with conversion to BSP on the fittings. You'll need to heat the join where it is attached in order to break down the locktite in the thread and unscrew it. I have two pots identical to yours, one leaking and another soon to be retired, so can send you my valve.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Velvet Mark » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:12 am

Velvet Mark
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:16 pm

No worries. If you're anywhere near Portsmouth, you're welcome to just come and grab the lid - leak was the pot, not the lid.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Velvet Mark » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:47 am

Thanks for the offer mate. I dropped Axminister's support guys an email to see if they could do anything, and the quick reply saying they ll ship the a new valve within two days was encouraging.

In the meantime I stretched the spring out, put it back in the valve and its now holding at 50-psi which is fine for me. Not the safest (Im not sure when the valve will kick in:/) but itll do.

Thanks again all, I can get back to it:)
Velvet Mark
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:55 am

Always great to see cooperation like this!
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:24 pm

No worries, glad you got a new valve :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Previous

Return to Dr Polymer