ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Hand Held Dispenser

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Hand Held Dispenser

Postby AzulOffshore » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:37 am

Hello everyone,

I produce offshore trolling lures using 2 part water clear resin. Usually the pouring I do involves 40 to 60 cylindrical molds at a time, that take from 50 to 120 grams of resin each, which are placed in pressure pots (10 to 12 molds per pot).

Lately I´ve been interested in a hand held dispense gun that uses a 35 cm "Static Mix Tube" where the 2 parts of resin mix. The dispenser can hold two 750 ML resin cartridges (Part A and part B) and the resin is injected into the mix tube in even quantities... No more weighing and mixing, and most importantly, little to no wasted resin... Sounds like a great tool and very suitable to my production, but I´d like to know more about it.

http://bjbenterprises.com/index.php/cpe ... ense-guns/

Does anyone have experience with hand held dispensers like these?

I´ve been told that resin must be heated to 160º previously in order for it to mix properly in the tube... I´d like to know how long the disposable mix tubes can be used and if they clog during refills of resin or if the resin cools...

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
AzulOffshore
Casual

Re: Hand Held Dispenser

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:12 am

Yeah a dispensing system is definitely the way to go for volume work like that - I've contemplated setting up something similar myself from time to time.

Is your water clear resin a polyurethane? What's the mix ratio?

I know our member Deadmeat30 has an automatic mixing/dispensing system, but you will probably have to PM him as he doesn't post here very often these days.

If you do settle on a product please let us know how it performs!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Hand Held Dispenser

Postby AzulOffshore » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:45 am

Thank you for your response. Yes, I´m using a 1:1 polyurethane and this particular dispenser only works with 1:1 mix ratios...

I looked into the automatic mixer/dispensers but they are quite pricey. I would like to try the manual model first to make sure it is something I can use.

I´ll make sure to post my results.

Thanks again!
AzulOffshore
Casual

Return to Dr Polymer