[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Questions from a Newbie
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Questions from a Newbie

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Questions from a Newbie

Postby Conqueror » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:05 am

Hello Everybody, im from Mexico and im study figures sculping and i want to do my own bussines, modeling and casting but i need help with some casting issues, im not new with casting but have some problems even

i buyend a 2.5 gallon timberline pressure pot, someone knows that brand?

1)can i use the air intake of a 10 gallon compressor with 2 Hp like vacum pump?

2) have some material can i add to the resin to do more without change the viscosity, to reduce costs?

3) i have some issues with the bubbles, can degass the mold full the resin and inmediate pressure using the same pressure pot?

4) have some product o procedure to permit longer resin pot life, or some resin wit pot life longer? im using Smoth-On

Im in Mexico and the polyuretane/Urethane resins are dificult to get

Thanks in advance people (sorry for my bad English) :p
Conqueror
Casual

Re: Questions from a Newbie

Postby mangozac » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:18 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Conqueror » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:07 am

Thanks for your answers, a one more question about the vacuum pump, can i use a a compressor like a Vacuum tank, to get a fast vacuum, conect de compressor input to tank and the free the motor out, to obtain a Vacuum tank, instade a pressure tank, can be dangerous? the tank can resist the vaccum, can i damage the motor? somebody have an a idea to do that?

Thanks for yours advices :)
Conqueror
Casual

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 am

Yes, that should be fine, however it doesn't work quite as well as a pressure tank. If you were to completely vacuum a tank and then use it to evacuate another chamber you will not end up with quite as high a level of vacuum.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to Dr Polymer