[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Experience casting using Easycast Clear Polyurethane Resin?
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Experience casting using Easycast Clear Polyurethane Resin?

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Experience casting using Easycast Clear Polyurethane Resin?

Postby Eltnot » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Looking to do a small amount of clear resin casting of stealthed miniatures. Was looking at Easycast Clear Polyurethane Resin from Barnes (link to product: ). Was curious about the demould curing. Is this fine to handle after demould or will it remain tacky and smear for a few days? Do you apply heat for the demould and if so what product do you use for this application? I'd love to hear back from anyone that has worked with this or if you use something different instead in Australia. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything about this product.

I would ideally use Pinkysil for the mould and I have vacuum and pressure to ensure a lack of air bubbles.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Eltnot
Casual

Re: Experience casting using Easycast Clear Polyurethane Res

Postby mangozac » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:02 am

Hi Eltnot, that sounds cool! I've not used Easycast Clear, but I know clear resins can be a pain in the butt!

If you don't have to cast many copies then the best solution would be to leave it in the mould for 5 days until it is thoroughly cured. That said, if you wear some gloves to demould after an hour or so you should avoid adding any fingerprints if the surface is still slightly tacky. I doubt that the heated post curing is necessary, since that's only really required for achieving maximum strength, which is not a massive concern for your application.

Keep us posted!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Experience casting using Easycast Clear Polyurethane Res

Postby Eltnot » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Cheers Mango. Still not sure if it will be going ahead, but good to get some ideas of the challenges I might be facing. The amount of casts would be low, so keeping it in the mold for the better part of a week would be doable.
Eltnot
Casual

Return to Dr Polymer