[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 200+psi, up to 110 deg. C - I've done it and 'built' one!
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

200+psi, up to 110 deg. C - I've done it and 'built' one!

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

200+psi, up to 110 deg. C - I've done it and 'built' one!

Postby FlowolF » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:33 pm

only 10 or so litres I think, but it works wonderfully so far; no leaks, pop valve set and tested to blow at ~220 psi with compressor set to run to 200 psi. and I'm sure the tank, lid, seal and closure system can take a fair bit more. In fact it's built like a tank ',;~}~

Just in the process of fitting a small blow heater inside it (innards of a little popcorn maker) which will hook up to my thermocouple and PID controller via a resin filled wiring gland to warm the tank for the slow resins I use and also to maybe cure wood stabilising resin whilst under pressure.

Rebuilt my dual purpose (sucksnblows) pump rig too now with matched glycerine filled gauges Hg and psi, nice high pressure black reinforced rubber hosing and some tasty quick-connects on the pressure hose, industrial pressure switch (2-28 BAR) etc. and a couple of 'custom' parts too, all without breaking the bank too all in about £150 quid or so - phew...

'All my problems are over.' Heheheheh...

Do I have to have my images on a web site to be able to post them here?..

Cheers!

Shaun.
FlowolF
Casual

Re: 200+psi, up to 110 deg. C - I've done it and 'built' one

Postby RageofAchilles » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Sounds very cool! I kept buying the wrong fittings for my setup, so it took a while to get it together lol. I'm in the Uk too, I imported a pressure pot from Poland and saved about 50% of cost ;)

For images I use photobucket.com. Once you have an image view it and click on the IMG code to the right of the picture, this will copy the pic, then just paste it in your Resin Addict post :)
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:34 am

Sounds impressive! Also terrifying.
You will need to host the photos elsewhere, yes. I use Dropbox to host photos using the 'public' folder.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby FlowolF » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Did I do this right? Don't seem to be able to get pictures to show in the post using the Img tag thing?..

Anyway few photos viewable at the following links:

BTW the 2p piece etc, is the power switch ',;~}~

Cheers!

Shaun.
FlowolF
Casual

Postby FlowolF » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:30 pm

FlowolF
Casual

Postby FlowolF » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:35 pm

Last edited by FlowolF on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowolF
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:45 pm

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 am

Wow, that is wild looking! And with the open fan like that also pretty scary!

What are you planning to cast that requires such hard core equipment?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby FlowolF » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm

FlowolF
Casual

Postby FlowolF » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:29 pm

FlowolF
Casual

Postby RageofAchilles » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Nice work!
Do I remember correctly that your made a pen from a pine cone? That was excellent :)
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby FlowolF » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:29 pm

FlowolF
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey, I wrote a guide for my club forums on how to use Dropbox for sharing photos: http://solentwargamers.co.uk/a-guide-to ... h-dropbox/

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby FlowolF » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Thanks fleafa very helpful indeed ',;~}~

Cheers!

Shaun.
FlowolF
Casual

Return to Dr Polymer