[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Compressor
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Compressor

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Compressor

Postby Novista » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Will I be able to grow into this? Painting and eventually casting, I see the price of pressure pots has doubled in the UK again, should I bother looking at an 8litre? It's once again been a while since I darkened your doors. However I can spring for this and will.
Cheers.
Si.

Edit. Might help if I posted a link for the item!
http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-82160 ... 240v/48089
Novista
Casual

Re: Compressor

Postby Fleafa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:37 am

I bought one of these: http://r.ebay.com/93lVfC Seems nice. Only tested pressure hold so far and it is decent. Casting with it this week.
That compressor looks very similar to my own.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Novista » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:41 am

Hey fleafa, hope all is well in pompey. Yeh those were the pots I was referring too. Cheers.
Novista
Casual

Postby RageofAchilles » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:28 am

This is the pot I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8ltr-Pressure ... 3f51803f26

works a treat and is built to last, comes fitted with a 60psi safety valve, I ran the black hose straight to my compressor and stuck an end cap and a ball valve on the connections under the pressure gauge.

I think the difference between 8 and 10 ltr pots is probably just a couple of inches in height and girth. my pot has a depth of around 12inches and there is no arguing with the price.

I first tried buying from the U.S.A only to have the transactions cancelled by the sellers because of shipping. However the pot I bought was shipped by road from Poland for a great rate.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby rattrap » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:21 am

This is where I got mine from.

http://www.erpuk.com/spray_equipment_pressure_pots.htm

They were great to deal with, and they sold me it without the spray gun for a cheaper price! Plus they modified it for me while I was there free of charge :D

Plus I got my compressor while I was there. Bought an ex rental from them which was like new for a lot less.
rattrap
Casual

Postby Novista » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Sounds great rat trap, however I got the compressor yesterday woohoo! So I'm on my way. Right then time to save for pressure pot (cheers for the heads up Rage) grabbing conversion bits to use airbrush on the way. Does anyone know of a knowledgeable airbrush site?
Novista
Casual

Postby Novista » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:14 am

O.k. Got couplers/connectors sussed. :D Gonna take a small hit on the moisture trap...
Novista
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:43 pm

My decision to replace my old pots in the same style with the more robust and costly version is based on the following:
Screwing directly onto the lid rim damages the soft metal and weakens it:
Lid-closeup.png
Lid-closeup

Lid-inside.png
Lid-inside

With repeated use, the hinges deform the pot walls:
Pot-inside.png
Pot-inside

This is about two years use. Before I retired it, it was leaking at the hinge weld but hadn't catastrophically failed. In hindsight, it scares the hell out of me. Imagine if that hinge weld had torn off whilst I was standing next to it casting with my other pot. I like my face where it is.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Novista » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Nice to see it got some use, but yeh on the safety front don't blame you. Is there a way to get some pressure absorbing packing in there?
Novista
Casual

Postby mangozac » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Wow that's scary how worn your pot is Fleafa! The pressure pots here are obviously built from thicker steel - I've been using mine for around 6 year and hasn't showed any wear like that. My biggest issue is rust on the lid, but it's only surface rust so I'm not concerned. If I was to get another one I'd get it powdercoated so rusting isn't a problem...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to Dr Polymer