[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Clear Resin - Frosted Surface Effect Wanted
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Clear Resin - Frosted Surface Effect Wanted

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Clear Resin - Frosted Surface Effect Wanted

Postby Wiltrichs » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:42 am

Hi all,

How is everyone? I've got a quick question for you guys. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything on this so here we go.

I'm planning on buying some clear resin to cast some stealth units for my army, but I've recently seen some pics on the net where someone has put a frosted finish on the surface and I think it looks fantastic.

I did think of just spraying the casts with testors dullcote after curing, but would prefer it if I could add it to the surface during casting so it was a bit more permanent and won't rub off.

Any suggestions on how I could go about doing this?

Thanks

Wiltrichs
| |
"When the pin is pulled Mr Grenade is no longer your friend!"
Wiltrichs
Casual

Re: Clear Resin - Frosted Surface Effect Wanted

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:29 am

The only way I can think of would be to use a very small amount of white polyurethane pigment to the casts. It would be a bit of trial and error to get the amount correct though. Honestly, the best method is probably to spray with dullcote as you suggested - surely they're not going to be handled that roughly that the dullcote gets worn off?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:59 pm

Spray the masters with primer. It should give the surface enough texture to appear frosted.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:48 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:56 pm

Depends on the primer!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Wiltrichs » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:44 am

Thanks guys! Clear resin arrived today so I'll give it a go and post the results
| |
"When the pin is pulled Mr Grenade is no longer your friend!"
Wiltrichs
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:39 am

Looking forward to seeing the results!

Fleafa
Junkie

Return to Dr Polymer