[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - UK RTV suppliers
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

UK RTV suppliers

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

UK RTV suppliers

Postby smtk » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 pm

Hello again been a while.

I'm back looking to see if someone can recommend RTV suppliers here in the UK. I dont have the money or time to shop around and trail different companies so does any one have some one at John burn standard that does. Ideally I'm looking for platinum cure 30ish shore that isn't too expensive.

The long story;
I started out with tomps, but their QC was dire. I had a whole set of moulds that sweated silicone oil made casting a nightmare (a problem they now admitted they had)

Then I move to John burn and their stuff was great but they stopped selling the rtv25 for a softer 18shore which just gets ripped up to easily.

I went back to tomps, but just been burnt again. The rtv kicked in under 4mins and it cured in 1hr (its meant to be 10m/6hr). Lucky it was just two small moulds and I manage to get them double degassed in time.

I tired alchemie.com but wasn't impressed with their sales service and ebalta.co.uk made lots of promises and then never called me back.

If you're curious to what I've been making recently;
http://smtkelly.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://reversedisabled.blogspot.co.uk/
Build Blog
smtk
User

Re: UK RTV suppliers

Postby Fleafa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:29 am

Nice kits and paintwork.
I use a condensation cure from , you may find they have something you can use. I have also used and in the past.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:57 am

Yay! A fellow mecha addict :) I am watching you on DA now lol

here are 2 companies I have had good relationships with over the years

http://www.tiranti.co.uk/EdgeImpactShop ... ouldmaking

http://www.benam.co.uk/products/silicone/
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Velvet Mark » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:42 am

I Like DWR plastics Shore A28.

http://www.dwrplastics.com/product-info ... r-52kg-kit

5kg for £55 inc postage. 1.5/ 2 hour cure time at 22 C or so. The catalyst needs a good shake before use, but its great for £11 per kg.

Lovely mechs too!
Velvet Mark
Casual

Return to Dr Polymer