[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Rotocasting multiple castings as once
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Rotocasting multiple castings as once

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Rotocasting multiple castings as once

Postby dmenegon » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:51 am

Hi all!

I've been working on a Kickstart for just over 2 years now and need to figure out how to run multiple molds as once on a rotocaster. I think it's also called "gang molding". I haven't been able to find much so far.

If I can get over this hurdle I might have a shot at starting a small business with it.

Any info or advice on how to go forward would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
dmenegon
Casual

Re: Rotocasting multiple castings as once

Postby mangozac » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:07 am

Surely it's no different to a single mould but you just have more than one mould sandwiched together?

I would consider running multiple rotocasting machines and a faster curing resin. That way one machine can be running while you are prepping and filling the mould to put into the other...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby dmenegon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks for the feedback.

I was thinking of getting a bunch of smaller ones and just running them independently but rotocasters are a rare item out there. I've had to make my own (still under construction).

Pot life is the big worry for me right now.
dmenegon
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:25 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to Dr Polymer