[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Extra fill inside to use less plastic
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Extra fill inside to use less plastic

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Extra fill inside to use less plastic

Postby Kingster » Thu May 12, 2016 7:56 pm

I am casting some statues in a 1-part mold and because of the statue's size is pretty big I am thinking to throw in the mold a pice of another material, a random piece of it and after that fill it with the plastic that will go and fill the spots that are the details. The material I am speaking of will just occupy some space and will not be visible when I remove the mold (maybe just a little bit because it will "touch" the mold due to weight before I spill the plastic).
So the question is what material to use for it. I want a cheap material like clay! I am making cheap terrain molds for me, so I want to minimize the cost.
Kingster
Casual

Re: Extra fill inside to use less plastic

Postby Fleafa » Thu May 12, 2016 7:59 pm

Buy filler designed for casting resins or consider rotational casting. Clay is not a good option. Waste cast resin or injection-moulded plastic sprues should be fine.

Fleafa
Junkie

Re: Extra fill inside to use less plastic

Postby Kingster » Thu May 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Kingster
Casual

Return to Dr Polymer