[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - New to Mold-Making: Questions!
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

New to Mold-Making: Questions!

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

New to Mold-Making: Questions!

Postby RayChii » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:04 am

I've just started making moulds (an hour ago!) with a set I bought that uses silicone rubber, and I have a few questions!

How do you clean up the uncured silicone? Can leftover silicone in plastic pots be cleaned, or must the whole thing be thrown away?

I'm using Lego to make a box to pour the silicone into, but I'm finding that it's prone to leaks, what can I do to plug these leaks up?

How can I make sure I'm making the right amount of silicone? Is there anyway to estimate or measure the volume of the mold?

Is there anything else I should know before I go making my next mold?

Thank you very much for your time!
RayChii
Casual

Re: New to Mold-Making: Questions!

Postby paulson games » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:38 pm

paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to Dr Polymer