[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Nice scratchbuilding tools now stocked in Oz
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Nice scratchbuilding tools now stocked in Oz

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Nice scratchbuilding tools now stocked in Oz

Postby mangozac » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:55 am

Well I just received an email from informing me of new products and was delighted to see two great scratchbuilding tools listed at actually a very decent price (sure, they're cheaper from the US with how the Dollar is at the moment, but after shipping they end up a little more expensive)!

The first is "The Chopper II":
Also of (possibly better) use is the "True Sander":

After a recent surge in sales of one of my kits and my planning to start some new projects soon, I'm now struggling to find a reason not to buy both of these tools! For the record, I have been aware of these for a while from Antenociti's Workshop, but they were quite expensive there ;)

Anybody used these or anything similar? Any comments?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Nice scratchbuilding tools now stocked in Oz

Postby mangozac » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:40 pm

OK well I did some searching and it turns out you can get these tools cheaper from the US!

I couldn't help myself and bought both from and paid smack on AU$100 including shipping. The tools themselves were about $35 (for the chopper II) and $30 (for the true sander).

Looking forward to getting back into some scratchbuilding once exams are out of the way in the coming weeks! Got a few projects planned!
mangozac

Postby Seb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:02 am

Small but serious tools. Nice. :D

The exchange rate has been good for bits buying I must say. Good bit of detective work on the products, going to browse the site as a whole now :)

- Seb.
Seb

Postby mangozac » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:49 am

Well after 3 weeks my tools have finally arrived! And just in time too as I've made a start on a new project ;)

Postage shouldn't have taken this long, but I believe the delay was caused by the fact that the majority of packages leaving the US are being checked for bombs at the moment.....

Initial thoughts (I'm at work so haven't had a chance to use them yet):
- The Chopper is exactly as expected and described. Is seriously going to save some time!
- The True Sander seems a little less "precision" than I was expecting. For example the adjustable guide has some slop in it. We'll see what it's like in use though...
mangozac

Return to Dr Polymer