[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Rubbery Resin
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Rubbery Resin

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Rubbery Resin

Postby thedreadking » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:16 am

Does anyone know what sort of resin is used for forge world models?

It seems to have a very rubbery feel to it and the resin isn't as brittle as the stuff i use.

Would like to cast some robes for some models but its quite thin and fragile.

Any help would be appreciated as always guys

Cheers

'Dred'
thedreadking
Casual

Re: Rubbery Resin

Postby blind pig » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:24 pm

it is a polyurethane.

What exact brand and what colours they add to it, I do not know. I doubt they will tell you either :lol:

They seem to use a couple of different resins, depending on the job, but since the move to Shanhai China for the majority of their casting, it seems to be a single type of polyurethane resin.

As for it being rubbery is interesting, as none of the FW stuff I have has been rubbery for many years. Perhaps you got an older model from the shelves, of if it was second hand, has been cleaned in something not too good for resins?
blind pig
Junkie

Postby thedreadking » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi,

I had heard that the production had gone to china, so much for made in the UK!!

The models I have seen is a space marine called huron, when you look at the model the claws are very very fine, I know the resin i use is to brittle for parts same as that.

Thats not what I am after tho, its for robes and clothing parts for my models, the thickness of the parts is about 0.5mm and i fear that the bits will snap once used on the gaming table, the FW stuff seems to have some spring to it :P

I also bought a model from hong kong - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WH-MPG-Converted- ... 2eb15a2fbb This also was made of the same stuff, very plastic/resin and the parts are flexible.

cheers

'Dred'
thedreadking
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:10 am

Well She sure Likes her sculpting and casting..... cool stuff but a little out of my budget right now...

Now with the resin..... Maybe try a slow cure resin??

While I do not necessarily promote this company I have used their product range and this one in particular and know I have gotten a VERY sturdy banner and staff from it. it was about 5 inches long and made from a long toothpick (cocktail pick) with GS standard banner sculpted and then cast. The cast actually was stiff enough to pierce skin with the banner, so I hope it would work for you Dread...
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby blind pig » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:19 am