[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - new supplies help
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

new supplies help

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

new supplies help

Postby virusoverload » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 am

Ive found these 2 items and wanted to double check if everyone thought theyd be suitable:

virusoverload
Casual

Re: new supplies help

Postby Fleafa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:53 am

Shore 40A hardness on the mould rubber is very hard! It is for concrete.
I use Shore 18A. Made a mould with Shore 25A this weekend; takes some serious effort to cut into.
Resin looks OK from the limited spec given.
If you're in the UK, check out for and similar to the one you're looking at.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby virusoverload » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 pm

it might just be me being daft but i cant seem to find a similar resin.

which items from there would you recommend?

dont want to be annoying just i want to get the right stuff.
virusoverload
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:10 am

Lol, click the links in my post!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Anvils Hammer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:13 am

ooh moldlife another resin company Ive not seen yet! will have to get a sample in my search for the perfect resin!!

Modelshop.co.uk is an awesome resource but they are a bit over priced.

The resin looks ok for what you want and is priced pretty competatively.

the rubber youve linked to is wrong.

from a quick search, This one-

http://www.modelshop.co.uk/product/TinS ... kg_CL10065

Is what you want, that and the resin you linked to will be fine.

Are you new to casting?

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby virusoverload » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:51 am

thanks for all the help.

yeah I am new to casting Ive looked into it for a while but alot of it seemed to confuse me more than anything else.

The only casting I had done before was toy story models for my little sister and everything came in the box.

ps sorry about missing the 2nd and third links in the first reply.
virusoverload
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:39 am

It can be fairly confusing to start with, but the info all starts to settle in to place after a while! The best thing is to get on with experimenting and discussing your experiences on here.

Good luck!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby virusoverload » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 am

well ive got a kit that i posted on another thread and should be making some parts soon. as im going to try it on something tht i need to replicate. that way if it works im not going to have waisted the silicone and resin.
virusoverload
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 am

I'm glad we've got some knowledgeable guys from the UK who are able to advise on the products available over there! I can only help with local products here in Oz!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby virusoverload » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:49 pm

thats what i was worried about. I found this forum and noticed nearly everyone was from oz so you wouldnt have been able to suggest items i could get but turns out i was wrong
virusoverload
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Maybe we should note somewhere that this is an international membership ;)

Well I look forward to seeing your results with the supplies you got!
mangozac

Postby virusoverload » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:30 am

ok cos of money restraints I never got round to buying any new products. but ive also been reading more.

heres the things ive come up with:

for silicone:
A)
or
B)

for resin:
A)
or
B)

and these products (recommendations)

mould release:
A)
B)
C)

and would this actually seal the likes of wood and greenstuff?

apologies for all the bugging about products im restricted on cash flow so I dont want to waste anything.
virusoverload
Casual

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:03 am

IIf you want to try out resin castings, , its a Uk company that supplys resin, look at the G26 range, speak to the tech guy about what you want to do with it. He'll recommend to you what you can use, and then send you a 1KG sample kit.

Then speak to and again, speak to the about what you want to do, and they will again send you a silicone 1kg sample. BTW, just say that your just starting a business up, lol.

hope that helps :D

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 am

mangozac

Return to Dr Polymer