The Dr Polymer subforum here on RA is the place where all of the technical discussion happens. We have some very knowledgeable members who I can guarantee are more than capable of answering any question you have! That said however, people don't like to be answering the same questions over and over, and there are many topics that have been discussed at length in the past. So before you post a new topic asking for some help please follow these steps:
- Check out the Advisory subforum. We have compiled a lot of information into useful tutorials that have been placed into the one spot for ease of browsing.
- Use the forum search facilities. The top of every page has a search box (either for that thread or forum depending on what is currently being viewed). The search function is very powerful, however for even easier searching feel free to use your old friend Google by typing in your search term and the text "site:http://www.resinaddict.com".
- If this still hasn't answered your question then don't hesitate to make a post. Feel free to post into an existing thread if your question is pertaining to that topic (there is no such thing as "threadnomancy" here), otherwise click on the "New Topic" button at the top of the forum.
In order to help us answer your question as fast and best as possible, where applicable please include the following information:
- The subject being cast (although despite our unofficial support of recasting parts for personal use, if you are recasting please keep your description vague). If appropriate a picture really is worth a thousand words!
- What resin and/or silicone products you're using
- How many casts you're planning to make of the part
Thanks for your time and I look forward to discussing modelling and casting techniques with you!