[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Armorcast Resin
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Armorcast Resin

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Armorcast Resin

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 am

OK I got an interesting question I could not answer. I have a guy wanting to make some terrain and cast extras for the club. Knowing Im the Casting guy in the club he came to me asking about casting. I told him what i knew and he asked "I like Armorcasts resin, can you do it like that?" .......

I dont know. What type of resin does Armorcast use and where could I get some??

I bring these questions here to the people with the knowledge. Does Anyone know what resin they use and where I could get some?? Any tips on making building and bridge casts with it?? Long thin sections Like the wall sections?? how does it pour and time to cure??

Any info on Armorcast resin and how to use is helpful. :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Re: Armorcast Resin

Postby Arkangel » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:30 am

I kinda figured Armour cast 'Resin' was just normal resin but in its non coloured form ie its had no extra colour(black) added to it to make it grey etc. i remember all their old titans and wave serpents etc were just in the off cream colour?
Honestly havent seen anything new from them kinda figured they'd gone under after they lost the GW contract when FW took off?
Loken is your best port of call I think hes had dealings in the past with them or knows guys who used to work for them? He has a lot of contacts due to his company drop him a PM see what he can do. Or drop over to Apoc40K forum and contact him there.
Hope that helps a bit mate? :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 am

indeed it does.... Their resin is not like my resin as theirs seems to have a semi porous/matte finish while Mine is smooth. the density is also different....This is what the guys wanting i think.

I'll try to chat Alec up sometime Thanks for the info bud!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Maybe but the resin seems to be different....Just from the Armorcast I have VS working with what I have cast......

Maybe not, but thats Why i ask..... because i am at a loss.... :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Return to Dr Polymer