[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - I would just like to point out...
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

I would just like to point out...

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

I would just like to point out...

Postby Anvils Hammer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:47 pm

...that the Edwards E2M18 pump which turned up this morning, is bigger than my head....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
e2m18.JPG
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Re: I would just like to point out...

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:14 pm

WHOA!!! Thats Big!!

And Also I would like to take this opportunity to mention your "bionics" on Ebay are very nice. I subscribe to your shop and you just updated some stuff and I saw them. Nice work!!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 am

Looks like you could suck the mice out of the wall cavities with that!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Anvils Hammer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:10 am

I strongly suspect so!!

Picked it up on ebay a week ago and it was delivered today.

The list price for this unit, brand new, is almost £3000, I got this second hand, 10 year old unit for £185 plus postage, bargain of the century!!

It was tested for me a few days ago and gets 0.05 Torr, which is approx 0.07mbar.. so for my purposes.. this pump performs as well as the brand new version would.

It will be few days before I can test it as I need to buy some fittings for it, but when I do, I think it will empty my vacuum chamber in a fraction of the time my current one does!!

well excited!

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:11 am

I would like to see video of you degassing silicone with this!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:15 am

Nice! It sure is a monster - what is the flow rate? 185 pounds is a very nice price - who needs to buy new when you can buy quality secondhand machinery? We're hiring a truck this morning to go pick up a secondhand wave soldering machine for work - at around 1/20th the price of a new one!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Anvils Hammer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Fleafa, a video??? I think I could capture the entire degas with a single long exposure photograph :P

Mango, its listed capacity is 10 CFM, double the volume of my current pump, but I wont actually be able to compare untill I can hook it up, update in a few days!

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Anvils Hammer » Thu May 03, 2012 12:34 am

MWAHAHAHAHAH!!

its a beast!!! the connector parts arrived, finnally, and what can I say.. this thing sucks!! :mrgreen:

My previous pump got the empty tank down to >1mbar in about a minute, and with blue foam to reduce the volume, about 45 seconds.

the new pump gets the empty tank down to >1mbar in about 20 seconds and with foam, 12-14 seconds, its just insane, Im going to have to be really carefull degassing silicone!

Whats more interesting is that because this pump is so big, I can leave it running for say, 45 seconds, and pump the tank down to a really low pressure, much lower than I could manage before, which means there really is NO air in the mold..

This thing will save me so so much time and reduce the number of air bubbles even further!!

result!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Thu May 03, 2012 4:55 am

Madness!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu May 03, 2012 7:42 pm

I love it! And here I was excited about by 8CFM pump :P