[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Postby Arkangel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:25 am

Looks like those peski Russians are at it again! :mrgreen: Found this on another forum I browse now and again. Again these were posted up on the Germany ebay.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Great_C ... topic=4226

Not sure how to post a pic on here direct? Anyone.....? :oops:

So what do you think?

Well you can do this: [ img]http://up.picr.de/5715014.jpg[/img] but it's a little rude to steal others' bandwidth like that....
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Re: Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Postby Loken » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:32 am

WOW! Well, here are my thoughts:

1) I LOVE that people now have the means to make sculpts like this.

2) I also love that people will do these and not be bullied by GW. I hate that about GW. Actually the ONLY thing I hate about GW. I am not a whiner, but their IP attitude SUCKS. SO I am all for peopel doing stuff to help the hobby.

3) I hate the helms. Seriously, I think they look stupid on the Chaos Thousand Sons. At least Pre-Heresy they would have more regulation helms. And I LOVE Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons, because that book was my favorite so far in that series.

3) The bodies show how much can be done these days and I want to see more!!!

Alec
Loken
User

Postby Arkangel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:02 am

I agree with Alec ,
they seem to fit much better with the current theme of the Thousand Sons as aposed to the Pre-heresy Thousand Sons but aren't 'dark' enough to fit that. I'm not saying I don't like them, I just think they're a bit 'too much' maybe? :?

Arkangel
Habit

Postby Arkangel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:02 am

Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 am

The helms are definitely not my cup of tea, but the rest of the sculpting seems quite good. Of course Dan you will have to post a review once you get them ;)
I must say they seem a little expensive for what they are. 32 quid for 10 just bodies/heads/shoulderpads that are non "genuine", whereas FW sells the MkII armour guys at 20 quid for 5 entire marines...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Arkangel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:00 am

Yeah I know :oops: Everything you say is true. I have the MkIII and the MkV sets. Then again...... I won't need to but more than one set of these :idea:

I'll defo let you know. I checked out some of the other stuff he has for sale and I have to say it's pretty awesome. The Thunderwolves are ok if you like a more 'gothic' feel but the khorne demon prince is amazing.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/irina_est/m.html ... ksid=p3686

Take a look. if you google the sculptor his photobucket account comes up. It's pretty good.
Sergey Soms is his name.

Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:19 am

Those thunderwolves are pretty horribly ugly. The head proportions are all off! But I will agree the "demon prince" (who looks more like a champion or something to me) is very cool!
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 pm

All I can say is damn these flash in the pan auctions! They get tossed up and are gone like dust in the wind before I can even see them.

The sculpts are good if a bit expensive, and GW legal must want to bite these guys so bad they are foaming at the mouth. I guess Russia is pretty much the wild west when it comes to IP.
paulson games

Postby Loken » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 am

Loken
User

Postby BlueRonin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:23 am

C'mon guys... you're telling my that a skilled painter pulling off some Goldie Daemon-level NMM gold trim on those helms to set off the TS red wouldn't look absolutely amazing? In what (fictional) world do you find sorcerers without fancy hats?

Dude... that's like... tanks without big f... guns! ;)

Seriously, though; amazing sculpts - I'd allow bad things to happen to me for the chance to see an army painted up with those bits!
Last edited by BlueRonin on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueRonin
User

Postby mangozac » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:47 am

I think that the issue with the helms is that they're a very polarising design. People either love or hate them, and it's purely a personal preference. I certainly would like to see some painted up!
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:54 am

Ok....ok.. Didn't realise I was opening 'this' particular can of worms! :mrgreen:
Ok so most agree..to an extent.. that the torsos are ok. The major issue seems to be the helms...so.. bare with me on this.
I believe that the helms would be useful for pre-heresy champions, vet sgts, and captains etc.
Post heresy ...well they need to chaos-ified a bit more maybe, but then you could use them for the ranks and file defo especially between post heresy and Ahrimans rubicon?
He's the only one on the front cover of the book with an extended helm. If it's actually meant to be an artistic impression of the big guy.

We'll see when i get them :mrgreen:

Arkangel
Habit

Postby Kennui » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:21 pm

I like the middle head, the one rigght under and bottom left corner. I think they would mix well with current thousand sons heads which are growing old.

I've ordered a pack of scibors egyptian helmets and shields pack which *look* like you just attach the headpiece to a helmet to make something like thousand sons heads. And also a pack of their egyptian shoulder pads. All for about $15.
Kennui
Casual

Postby Loken » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Just bought a set and I dont even want to use them! I love the workmanship.

Alec
Loken
User

Postby Kennui » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:42 pm

If you or anyone is in AU, i'd be interested in buying a few bits, namely the three heads i mentioned above.

:mrgreen:
Kennui
Casual

Next

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews