[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Postby Arkangel » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:56 am

Mine finally arrived last week! Just got to wait to pick them up now. Unfortunatley I had to send them home instead of work due to where they were coming from :oops:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby geomod » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks for putting me onto these guys, I wouldn't have found them otherwise.

I recieved my set for Christmas from my wonderful wife. :)

The photos really do not to these pieces justice. The detail is clear but the scale ofthe detail is insane. The head with the 'solar' crest has runes on the back of the crest that make me wonder if I can paint them without losing the detail.

I say to anyone who has a chaos marine force to pick these up. Pre-heresy or not.

I would like to point my fellow board members to maxmini for their khopesh swords:

http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?m ... e5bf9948bf

and Scibor for their 'egyptian' shields and bases to round out these figures:

http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1024
http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=942
http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1000

I think i need my tablets now.........nurse!

Cheers,

geomod
geomod
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 am

Geomod..... Nice work on finding those. I will shoot them to my friend and he will probably enjoy them. I could not be happier with them and my friend was tickled pink, and is requesting more. I see this being a large scale army for him, not just the one or 2 squads he was going to do.

Ark, glad yours are in man. Looking forward to seeing them.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby geomod » Sat May 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Afternoon fellow addicts,

I have just recieved another figure from the maker of the pre-heresy thousand sons.

This is a deamon prince, perfect for our favourite depraved chaos god.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lord-Daemon-Maste ... 4aab268c02

The photos do not do this figure justice. The detail is magical, from the fine details on the wings and barbs on the whip, to the small face poking out its tounge on the backpack. The scale is good for 40k deamon princes, and although the base is quite thick the detail is so good, I'll take the extra bit of line of sight just to field it as is.

I have picked up most of this guy's sculpts since this thread started and I have yet to be dissapointed.

Geomod
geomod
User

Postby cygnnus » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Just FYI, but Irina_est now has a set of "Egypt Style Galactic Knignts (sic) in Great Armour". The set is a conversion kit with 6 models in Terminator-esque armor. 6 Torsos, 6 heads, 12 shoulderpads, 12 "back plates", and 6 tabards.

They look to be as nice as the normal Egypt Style knights, although also like with the normal ones, the design of some of the sculpts look to be better than others... I have some on order and I'll post a review when they arrive.

I believe they're all currently sold out, but I'm sure more will be coming up soonish.

Valete,

JohnS
cygnnus
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Kennui » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 am

I take it the FW stuff are recasts..? What is their resin like in quality?
Kennui
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby cygnnus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 pm

cygnnus
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:39 am

NOW I see them... They were not added when I posted but since have been. Well one set is gone. :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 am

They look cool, but isn't that a bit expensive? Then again I have no idea what the going price of Termies are, let alone conversion parts...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:50 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Lane » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:30 pm

I just ordered a set each of termie, power armor and skulls, now I get to wait.
Lane
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Lane » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:12 am

Just received my order.

Detail on each set is fantastic. Cast in a fairly hard resin and sprues are positioned for easy removal, very little flash or seam lines.

Power armor (10) : individually packed so there is no confusion on what shoulder pads go with what torso and head. Zero casting defects in 60 pieces.

Terminators (6) : Back of torso has options, standard vents or inserts with a screaming skull. one minor defect in 36 parts. Looks like the on defect was from demolding early and the very thin rim on some belt detail was deformed.

Forgeworld Bolters : three sets of ten bolters with combat attachments. Oddly enough the resin looks just like the other sets. Zero defects in 60 parts.

Resin Skulls : set of 150. There are a fair number of bubbles in this set but as small as these are I'm surprised there were not more problems. Even those with defects ca still be used.

Overall great quality sculpting and casting. Price is a bit high to use for a full army given you still need arms and legs, making PA troops about $8 each, but great for leaders or vets. I will definitely be ordering more.
Lane
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews