[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Knight Titans on ebay in the UK
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Knight Titans on ebay in the UK

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Knight Titans on ebay in the UK

Postby blind pig » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:43 am

blind pig
Junkie

Postby ImmortalXerxes » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:12 pm

No offence taken on any front from anyone. We are all human and, therefore, all allowed our own opinions (I hope!)

As I said, I'm planning on a number of 'upgrades' to mine. This one was built solely for my own Knight Household (and to see how easy/hard it was) and each Knight is being (green stuff) personalised by the 'pilot' hence the level (or lack thereof) of details on the plating. The eBay photo isn't that great. You can't see what details I have done. Only where I haven't done them. I should finish painting one and take some better photos, really. I'm in the process of designing 'loincloths' (I've two designs ready for moulding and casting) and I'm trying to work out where I can add some NOT heavy bolters. It's just a hobby, though, so there's no big rush.

As I previously mentioned, I didn't want to tie myself into specific iconography. Most people I have spoken to appreciate the fact that they can sculpt (or paint) their own imagery onto the model (and at less than half the price of other Knights, I think that's fair). I left a lot of room for personal heraldry. That's why I'm thinking little sets of heraldic and Papal symbols and icons might be better than modelling permanent designs onto the model.
ImmortalXerxes
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Wow congrats MJ! I'm very much looking forward to your thoughts and pictures when you receive it!

When's your birthday by the way?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby thedreadking » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:49 am

Munkey Joe you git :P some people have all the luck :oops:

Wow well done mate, let us know when it arrives it looks a cracker too ;)

Oh and happy birthday :mrgreen:

'Dred'
thedreadking
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:12 am

Well my Birthday was Yesterday, The big old 35...... :evil:

And I showed my wife the titan and then looked at the price and sadly decided I could not afford it. Well she has been secretly stashing money away it turns out (she does freelance writing in her off time) and was tired of watching me sulk about the house. SOOO happy birthday to me!

There will be a photo expose' when it comes in as its my only titan, and i will be one of 3 members of my club to have some. This particular titan will be molded and cast to produce my personal knight household "household FAIL" for display at different events and possibly for play at APOC in the greater DC metro area.

Of course that is if all my casting equipment comes in before the model does.... I dont know if I can keep off of it that long..... :mrgreen:

not to push my luck but Im hoping for the dwarf titan for X-mas..... but that might be a stretch...... :oops:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby ImmortalXerxes » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:24 am

Hi, again, folks.

I don't mean to dredge up a dead post but since my last visit here, I've been sent some photos of a painted example of my Knight.

Check it out:

I was surprised at how quickly he got it painted. Mine are still sitting covered in greenstuff partly undercoated and only half built! He does commissions but I'm not about to publicly broadcast someone else's personal information so you'll need to PM me for more details, if you're interested. Please note - the large upper leg armours were made by him (my recent designs are a bit smaller) and he added a 40K heavy bolter to his.

I've loads more ideas for extra bits and re-designs (some complete some not) but they'll take a while to finish off (Dark Angels are taking priority, for the moment).

Just as a final note - I need to point out that my model was not built for any specific wargame. It can be used for any number of Sci-Fi games (although, I'm still waiting to see a non-40K paint job!) Mine are being done as if they are being used by the Catholic Church similar to it's portrayal in the Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons (i.e., Papal and Inquisition symbols, etc.).
ImmortalXerxes
Casual

Postby BlueRonin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks for sharing, bro - those pictures really show what a painter can do to the model! I like the way you have taken initiative to put a product out there for a reasonable price that people can take and do their own work on! These pictures really show how that can be worth it!

I do hope you get a few sold so that you get set up to try some more projects with even better gear! Good on you!
BlueRonin
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 am

WHOA!! Much cooler. That paint color makes me think of my Menoth Warmachine army...

Very nice guy, when you putting some up for sale??

Sadly Mine is not here yet... I did leave Spain though. And I have tracking but all I know is that it left Spain...
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:07 pm

No problems digging up an old thread if you have new stuff to add to it Xerxes ;)

The painting is quite good and I love the base (especially the green fluid pouring out of the pipe). Can I ask how many you have been selling?

It's always great to see them painted - thanks for sharing!
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:28 pm

I gotta say the paint job really helps bring the model to life, I thought the model was a bit flat looking prior to painting but the paint job really helped eliminate that and it looks much better.

The paint job is also top rate, the base is just cool.
paulson games

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby ImmortalXerxes » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:30 am

Hi, again. Sorry, about the delay. I've been really busy with real life and stuff.

The base was custom made by the painter so it looks like we'll all just have to make our own. I could probably knock some up quite quickly, if anyone's interested.

Here's some pics of bits and pieces I've been working on, if anyone is still interested after all this time.

Neck Armour that fits straight onto current Knight design.

Daemon Engine head (used a foot and a bit of an old Kinder toy as the under-structure).

New sword arm (the first 20 minutes). The mount will be on top so that it can be used as a left or right arm (all arms are being re-designed for left/right compatability). I've done some more work on this since this pic was taken.

The first loin cloth.

First prototype chaotic battle cannon. The over exposed pic doesn't do this any favours!

Textured parts that I'm doing for one of my Knights. It'll have green stuff symbols added, as soon as I get my a*!e into gear.

All parts are just WIPs and are very much still in progress (except the loin cloth - how much more can I do with that?). Any ideas for other parts and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please bear in mind that this is not a 40K model (although I stupidly used a '40K' tagline to increase interest on eBay) so I won't be making any weapons or equipment that 'directly' correlate to a certain narrow minded and highly litigious company's designs. I may come up with similar designs for parts but that will be purely coincidental. From now on, the model will be known as, the 'Titanic Robot Knight', so as to remove any possible confusion ;)

Should I start a new thread for this model or is it fine sitting here?
ImmortalXerxes
Casual

Postby mangozac » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:33 am

So this one is obviously a "Chaotic Titanic Robot Knight"? :mrgreen:

If you're planning to keep sharing pictures from the WIP process it would probably be better to start a new thread.

Everything is looking good - I'm quite interested in how you achieved the pitted effect on the greenstuff armour panels. Is it just a thin layer of GS that you have poked something into? I'm planning to do a cast iron effect on some of the parts on my design using .
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:37 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews