[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Highland Guard
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Highland Guard

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Highland Guard

Postby BlueRonin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:58 pm

I just discovered Victoria Lamb's Fenguard upgrade bits... wow, that is pretty cool! Got my mind wondering how much more could be done to boost a regiment like that with resin work as well!

BlueRonin
User

Re: Highland Guard

Postby mangozac » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Haha not bad. It's a shame the boots aren't a bit more modern looking though...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Arkangel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:01 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she win some Demons back in the day? Er...Ogryn carrying a wounded general, much better than Warhound's :mrgreen: ...only kidding... and a Seraphin lighting up a killer Kan with twin hand flamers, with that POV lighting effect thingy where you get the flames back lit and stuff....?? (Check out my super-awesome description!!!!) :lol:

By the way those fen-guard dudes rock!.
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby Barn » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:50 pm

Yep she did :)
Barn
User

Postby Arkangel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Ok.... :oops: Victoria if happen to frequent this blog I must apologise for my, speedy post previous to this. It had been a long cold day on a shooting range, I was tired, and also a little excited as my laptop-tinternet is working again, it was late. So here goes, after I had posted the previous mentioned I went back and took a REAL look at her site. And well realised how stupid I may now look. Not only has Victoria won some Golden Demons...'Back in the day'....(*cough*) but she has been a consistant winner in Oz and on the world stage at various Demon events completely unknown to me until I checked out her gallery.
So there's my apology for being ignorant, which in my line of work is no excuse! :mrgreen:
I see Dave Taylor has purchased some of these and you know what..even though I'm trying to curb my spending.. I'm tempted. :twisted:

Arkangel
Habit

Postby Dragonforge » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Yup Victoria is a talent..I should try and get her to come here and join as I think she does a bit of resin casting of her own. Ive known her for years through the Golden Demon Circuit.

Im tempted to order one of the 15 figure conversion kits.

Jeff
Dragonforge
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:13 am

Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:24 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks Zac you'd make a great sponsor for 'Resin Addicts' Annonymous' !! Or....NOT !! :mrgreen:

Arkangel
Habit

Postby Seb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:45 am

I've had my eye on those kilt parts for a highlander regiment idea myself. I think she released them late last year.

They're based on her Fen Guard from the 2004 GD (if I recall correctly), I entered my Gue'Vesa unit against her, made second cut but not final. Definitely needed more love on my basing plate for the squad, but at the time my Tau vs IG 'Nimbosa Knifefight' got all the love.

I'm a fan of her victorian era Halfling, but first the kilts!

Och aye lads!
Seb
Seb

Postby lone dirty dog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:56 am

Yes I got a set of the 15 Highland guard set and they are some nice casts and look great, just ordered 2 sets of the upgrade set and another 15 of the first set. Victoria has also mentioned doing a command set to go with these as well so hopefully they will come into production soon.
lone dirty dog
Casual

Postby victoria » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi, Thanks all for the positive feedback and encouragement, its been great.
Unfortunately my work and travel commitments are going to keep me from getting a new release out for a few months but I did want to let you know that the Highlander kit bits are now available separately in the store.
Cheers,
V
victoria
Casual

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews