[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - M2 Lobster Assault Droid (Zealot Miniatures)
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

M2 Lobster Assault Droid (Zealot Miniatures)

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

M2 Lobster Assault Droid (Zealot Miniatures)

Postby mulciber_volcanus » Tue May 10, 2011 1:28 am

I have 3 of the master prints coming in the mail. I will let you guys know what I think. They aren't for sale yet, but will go for £45 a piece. The price is a bit steep, but it is around 4" (and the way the legs work, you could probably jack it up even higher). They are also working on variant hulls and possibly weapons.

You can check out their site

Additionally, they have the oh-so-awesome female Tau head conversion bits. If I played Tau, I'd totally be grabbing these (in fact, they kind of make me want to start a small Tau force).
mulciber_volcanus
Casual

Re: M2 Lobster Assault Droid (Zealot Miniatures)

Postby mangozac » Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 am

Wow I've never heard of these guys before but it looks like they're making some cool stuff! The lobster isn't badly priced for its size but I think it will be better with some guns and a bit more bulk. I do like the overall design though.

The female Tau heads look very sharp indeed!

Will definitely need to keep an eye on these guys...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby paulson games » Tue May 10, 2011 6:01 pm

So many potential uses.... personally I'm not a fan of small helper arms on robots but otherwise I think it's really cool.

Something I find really familar about the sprue, looks very much like the ones Scibor does. I wouldn't be surprised if he did these, he already sells his 54mm models through a differant company. The model is very clean and makesme wonder if it's CAD designed at least in part. Has some awesomely tight detail if it's all hand work. Whoever did it did a great job.
paulson games

Postby mulciber_volcanus » Wed May 11, 2011 2:54 am

Personally, I'm not going to use the little arms on the droid. I'm putting them on techmarines.
mulciber_volcanus
Casual

Postby mangozac » Wed May 11, 2011 8:20 am

I'm pretty sure it was done in CAD - you can see print marks on the upper leg armour.

Looking at it some more I'd like to see a further level of detail before I would buy one (especially if it is a 3D print).
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby mulciber_volcanus » Thu May 12, 2011 1:38 am

It was done in a CAD program.
mulciber_volcanus
Casual

Postby lone dirty dog » Thu May 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Yes, it is CAD designed I have most of the stuff they have produced so far and it is nothing to do with Scibor,

They were producing some really good stuff including jet bikes, power fists and jump packs which they have stopped producing now due to worries of GW jumping on their backs shame but I got a few before they stopped producing them. :mrgreen:

I have to say what I have of their stuff has been sharp in detail and well cast well worth a look and happy to take advice and idea's. Their range is always growing and they do seem to think about the models they produce.
lone dirty dog
Casual

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews