[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Penal Guard Conversion Kit from Vic Minis
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Penal Guard Conversion Kit from Vic Minis

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Penal Guard Conversion Kit from Vic Minis

Postby paulson games » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Some really nice stuff from Victoria Lamb:

Penal Guard Conversion Kit: Contains x 9 convict heads and torsos plus one officer head. Fully compatible with the Highland Guard. Available now!.
All the bits are also available separately, followed closely by some more releases to be announced soon.

Store Link: http://www.victorialamb.com/store.html

paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Penal Guard Conversion Kit from Vic Minis

Postby mangozac » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Seb » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Vic has been releasing some nice parts over the year. I'm a total sucker for the Scottish pieces. Have to order some in the near future. :D

The penal legion has long languished in the back of my mind since the original RT era models went the way of the Dodo.
Seb

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Hell Yess...... I does want!!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Probably a good move from Vic considering the next Imp Armour book afetr the SW/Guard?Eldar one is going to be set on a Penal Planet. :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby factor40 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:20 am

I might be wrong here, but it sure seems like people are finally over the fear of GW. Releases like this are staring to become more and more prevalent and it really represents a positive step forward for the hobby. I think it belongs in the hands of small companies that put some real thought into what they're doing.

factor40
Habit

Postby Lane » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:00 am

In this case there is nothing to fear GW about.

Other than the proportions and size of the bits they do not use any GW imagery.
Lane
Habit

Postby factor40 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:29 am

No, you're right. No legal issues. I meant this stigma that it is somehow taboo to make something like this. Whenever I see someone do it, there are always a few comments of..."nice, until GW sues you..."

I just meant that it seems like people finally are understanding that supplemental bits like these are good, all the way around.

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:45 am

mangozac

Postby blind pig » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:15 am

What gets me is that people are making aftermarket kits still.

With the GW hate that is around (especially in Australia/NZ and everywhere else that is not in The EU), you still need to buy a GW kit to use these models.

Why not just make the legs, arms and weapons and have it as a whole kit?

Sure, it'd cost about double to buy, but as Victoria is an Australian and Australia based, surely she is missing out on the GW haters (myself included) that LOVE the GW games and background, but hate the way we have been treated by GW and are looking for alternatives to GW models.

Compare the cost of these whole models as a kit to buying these as the currently are and then having to buy the Imperial Guard box and you are way behind what just buying a complete kit would cost.
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:26 pm

mangozac

Postby Lane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:11 pm

I think we will see a lot more full kits or package deals (torso set + leg set) in the future.

First the sculptors need to establish themselves in the market. Once people start using a conversion kit and people get to know the brand then it's worth producing full kits. If Victoria had started with full figures she probably would have sold less. Now she could release a generic torso (non penal) and maybe arms and they would probably do well. People could use legs only, torso only or combine both for an entire figure.

Starting with conversion sets is also a good choice from a marketing standpoint. Most customers are looking for conversion material to use with GW, or other, figures. All GW stores and even a lot of independent retailers in the US have an official minis only policy. In most cases you can get away with conversion bits as long as they are not major competitors but the majority has to be xx system minis. Even independent stores do not want customers playing with an entire army purchased online and not available to the retailer. Using conversion kits would let customers build a unique army that should be legal for play anywhere.
Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:13 pm

mangozac

Postby blind pig » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 am

blind pig
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:35 am

Damn...she's at it again. I'm one cup of coffee away from committing to a bunch of of her stuff, that in spite of the fact that I haven't played or painted anything serious in over a year.

There's even more new stuff .

factor40
Habit

Next

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews