[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Anvil Industry WIP's and new product...
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Anvil Industry WIP's and new product...

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Anvil Industry WIP's and new product...

Postby Anvils Hammer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Cheers!

All my own work except that most of the tech debris/cables is used under licence from here-

http://www.freewebstore.org/Zinge-Indus ... 84137.aspx

I saw Kits range and just had to negotiate permission to use the parts in my masters! He is currently working on a load of new 3D renders which will be printed to make new AI product, very exciting!

DARK FORGE made you laugh because you know exactly what it is :p

Im currently editing a video showing off the capabilities of the new bases compared to traditional ones.

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:01 am

Hey that store has some cool bits too! Good idea licensing from them (although your scratchbuilding rep drops a point :P).

Looking forward to the video!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Anvils Hammer » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:48 am

Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 am

Yeah but scratchbuilding points > time saving points ;)
mangozac

Postby Anvils Hammer » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:31 am

Anvil Industry TV

featuring the Anvil Gaming Base Demo video.

Enjoy!

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:21 am

Good work on the video! Is the texture grip your own idea? It's quite surprising how well it works...
mangozac

Postby Anvils Hammer » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:07 am

Great idea AH. Always does my head in with models falling off. What resin do you use on your miniatures? Doesn't look like smooth on.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Anvils Hammer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:40 am

Thanks!

I use a resin by a germany company Silka, Called "G27", supplied by John Burn Ltd in the UK, its really awesome quality.

Comes out the usual beige/white, to which I add a dye to get it grey. The bases are black because thats the colour of the weighting filler!

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:44 am

I have tried the G27, and G26, dont you find them brittle or thinner parts?

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:13 am

For the filler to make the bases that black it must be a pretty high percentage. You don't have any strength issues?
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:08 pm

I am very impressed. May have to incorporate that in to my future bases. Only downside I see is the need for a split mould rather than lazy-arse open moulds!
It could be worth offering a slimmer version of just the underside with a flat top so people could retro-fit them onto finished armies.
What material is the filler?
BTW, where are you in the UK?

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Anvils Hammer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Deadmeat, yes.. but any resin will be brittle in thin section.. G27 LV Resin+ G26 hardener is the best Ive found so far. I find its slightly flexible which helps it not to break under force. When it comes out the molds its quite week but after a few days it becomes very tough.

Which resin do you use?

fleafa and mango,
I've invested a fair bit of time and money into these bases, so the recipe for DARKFORGE is staying secret for the time being :P

Im fairly strong, and I cannot break the bases with my hands, with the exception of the long thin bike bases, which will snap in two if I apply enough force, so no, no strenght issues with the material

My main problem at the moment is air bubbles trapped in teh parts, so quite a high failure rate, but im going to redesign the molds to address this. I dont use a split mold, its full two part molds, even more of a pain, but totally worth it for the result!

Im in Hertfordshire.

Cheers,

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:51 am

I use smooth on 65d I have found, but not as expensive. It had great flex, I'll post I picture of a spear that bends well, lol. So don't parts snap.
Last edited by Deadmeat30 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Lane » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:57 am

Fillers may not reduce the strength of a cast part. As long as the resin adheres to the filler, which would create micro cracks, the final part could even be stronger. For example metal powders should not reduce the strength, Chopped glass strands would increase the strength.
Lane
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews