[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Dream Forge Kriegsmarine and Strumtruppen soldiers
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Dream Forge Kriegsmarine and Strumtruppen soldiers

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Dream Forge Kriegsmarine and Strumtruppen soldiers

Postby mangozac » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:16 am

Wow. I'll be honest and say that I never found the 3D model WIP shots to be al that inspiring, but now seeing hi-res pics in resin I am very impressed! The level of detail is fantastic, as is the styling of the details!

They're like a cross between a Stormtrooper and a Space Marine! I'm personally not a massive fan of the shoulder pads, but modifying them to suit wouldn't be difficult.

If you're reading this, great work Mark!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Dream Forge Kriegsmarine and Strumtruppen soldiers

Postby Vaaish » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 am

I like the styling, but I just can't get past the shoulder width on the model. There's just no way for the arms to connect to the shoulders. It's a problem the GW marines have too, but the shape and size of the pad tends to hide it better.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:59 am

Ahh yeah I think that might actually be my problem - I thought it was just the shoulder pad design :oops:
mangozac

Postby Seb » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:12 pm

I have to agree, that upper arm and shoulder issue is really stand out. Kickstarter is really becoming de rigueur.

Great detail and theme however.

- Seb.
Seb

Postby mangozac » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:45 pm

mangozac

Postby NoseGoblin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Thank you :)

Yep the shoulders are wider than I would like them to be as well.I may re-visit the upper arms before having the production models made.

The problem is, to have arms that are posable you need to clear the collision points on the chest. The only way to do that is to extend the shoulder width out or bring the arms out from the body at a steeper angle, and if you do that, you have problems bringing the arms back together to hold a weapon in both hands..... Its not as simple as it may first seem.

There is a cheat I could try... like thinning the upper arms where the meet the shoulder area. If its subtle enough you wont notice it and it should trim down the silhouette a bit.

All the best!
Mark-
NoseGoblin
Casual

Postby factor40 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:50 am

Mark, these are awesome and while they might not be 100% what you wanted, they represent a huge step forward for all the small miniature companies out there that are trying to offer something better to gamers and hobbyists.

factor40
Habit

Postby Lane » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:08 am

I think these will be popular.

Day three of kickstart and already close to your goal.
Lane
Habit

Postby Seb » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:25 am

Seb

Postby NoseGoblin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:42 am

Here is something I just sent to all the project backers.

This is the suggested change to the miniature to bring it into "correct" scaling.

Larger legs, thinner shoulders and re-scaled to bring the figure to 32mm scale. The project backers have the final say but I'm interested in what you think...

NoseGoblin
Casual

Postby Vaaish » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 am

that feels far better proportioned.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Lane » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 am

Mark, Great to see how quickly you passed the $3000 goal and continue to climb. Just wish we did not have to wait for end of 30 days to get these into production.

It may be a good idea to post what you plan on doing with any funds over what you needed for this project. There may be some people who think "he has all the money he needs for the project, I'll wait
until the minis are in production to buy them". If you were to say "any pledges over the $3000 needed for this project will be used to fund future releases" it may help.

I think you need to milk this Kickstarter project for all it's worth. People go nuts over German themed sci-Fi minis for some reason, the appeal to the general public of other factions may not be as high. Given that your game system is not released yet there is less incentive to buy the other factions. If this project goes well you could have several faction available when you release your rules and get people playing right away.
Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:30 am

Mark I think the proposed changes are great! I'm a big supporter of the idea of moving to more "correct" scaling, and the thinned shoulders have fixed all that I didn't like about the model. In fact I'm now trying to come up with a good reason not to buy some! :P
mangozac

Postby Seb » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 am

Oh wow.. having it -right- next to the original really shows up the difference.

Definitely a major improvement. Well proportioned as vaaish commented.

top stuff man,
Seb
Seb

Postby factor40 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:41 am

I think it goes without repeating but...the proposed changes are much better.

factor40
Habit

Next

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews