[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - From zbrush to resin: My journey to indie art toy cr
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

From zbrush to resin: My journey to indie art toy cr

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

From zbrush to resin: My journey to indie art toy cr

Postby amph » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:40 am

Hi mates!!
It's a little bit off topic, but I need help!!! (and thanks to mangozac and friends for the help and answers related to resin casting!!)

I'm an illustrator based in Barcelona,Spain.
One of my dreams in the last years was to make (or at least try) to make my own vinyl toys. After some research, I started to use zbrush for conceptualizing shapes, and make the finished model, being able to acomplish some nice and smooth results.
The model was made using a stl system (yes, 3d printing), and a lot of postproduction work (priming, sanding, etc...).
I started a IndieGoGo campaign (crowdfunding), because I need help for start the manufacturing process (casting materials, packaging, etc...).

read more at http://www.indiegogo.com/Chubbyrd-art-toy and don't forget to share the campaign's link in your favourite social network. And buy one if u like it !!!

Cheers from Spain!!!!
amph
Casual

Re: From zbrush to resin: My journey to indie art toy cr

Postby mangozac » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:47 am

Hi Amph it's nice to see that your project has come together! Chubbyrd is certainly an odd looking character, but also very stylised. The post production work has left the master looking very smooth.

Good luck with your funding campaign!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:56 am

rather tempted by one of these for the misses.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby amph » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks a lot for the coments!!
amph
Casual

Postby Anvils Hammer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:16 am

Its cute in a strange way..

if its hollow will it float in the bath??

Why on earth do you need $1400 for this.. materials arnt that expensive are they? or is it just an arbitrary target?

Ah
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby amph » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:36 am

hahahah...the money it's not for my pockets, with this I pay the material for each one, the packaging,the prototypes
my hours of work (making molds, casting, painting each piece) all the materials and tools that i bought...
Read the rewards that I'm offering in the campaign, please. Even if i reach the goal, i'll loose money.
Thanks
amph
Casual

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews