[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3d Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3d Stuff

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: 3d Stuff

Postby mangozac » Mon May 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Yeah that is true. I'll correct myself: The Terran Marine is one of the best looking exo-armour designs ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby paulson games » Thu May 12, 2011 2:11 pm

I recieved sprue shots from the printer today and should have the parts onhand in the next couple days. Had the tower shield done finally and I also reprinted the round shield to correct a minor issue with the handle to make it more suitable for casting. I'm anxious to see how the hilt details came out on the katanas and how well they'll come out in resin as the detail is pretty tight compaired to the earlier weapons.

paulson games

Postby Barn » Thu May 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Excellent!

I'd be keen to see how that shield went for Arbites conversions. Last rumours i saw had them as a troops choice for the next SoB codex.
Barn
User

Postby paulson games » Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Any suggestions for the next batch of stuff?

I'm thinking about adding a classic roman styled shield as well a on of those greek shields they had in troy with the round notches on each side. Any other historical style stuff you guys want to see?

Ball and chain? Lances?

Also I'm in the process of fixing the errors on the rifle so it'll print correctly, any other modern day or sci fi stuff that I should add to the list?
paulson games

Postby Barn » Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 pm

You used to do Power Scythes yeah?
Barn
User

Postby factor40 » Sat May 14, 2011 12:28 am

The Terran Marine is interesting. I'm anxious to see how that translates when printing it. Can't wait!

factor40
Habit

Postby Hatemonger » Sat May 14, 2011 10:50 am

Hatemonger
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sat May 14, 2011 11:11 am

I just thought this morning, maybe it would be easier you you to take over my abandoned project in 3D. It would certainly be much easier, and I know there's heaps of BFG players who'd love a set...
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 am

I tinkered a bit more with the autocannon/mini-gun, started adiding the ammo belt and toying with if I want to extend the barrels further or leave it shorter.

Longer barrel:

paulson games

Postby mangozac » Mon May 16, 2011 10:44 am

Longer barrel. Or maybe offer two options?
mangozac

Postby Barn » Mon May 16, 2011 7:08 pm

In the old 40k VDR, long barrels cost more, but had a longer range.
Barn
User

Postby paulson games » Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 am

Hi Guys,

I just finished posting the newest batch of parts on my website.

They are currently available on pre-order and I expect to begin shipping them by the 30th.

Here's some pics of the new stuff:

visual compairision is always good so here they are on a 32mm scaled mini.

(mentally apply your favorite brand of plastic manz)

paulson games

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu May 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Looks good....

And I like the "Void Knight" models.....LMAO!!! :lol:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Tue May 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Just finished the last details on this model and emailed it to the printers along with the mini-gun and missle launcher. :)

Will post pics of the parts as soon as they are onhand.

The marine was completed and sent out last week, hoping to have it by this weekend.

A personal project I'm starting on, got a downloaded model that I need to clean up so it can be printed. (finished taking it apart but tons of work to do still)

paulson games

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue May 24, 2011 9:07 pm

That rifle the bees knees.... I do like it! 8-)
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling