[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3d Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3d Stuff

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: 3d Stuff

Postby paulson games » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:49 am

I've been working on some samurai style sashimono banners.

These are the roughs, I'm curious to see what feedback you guys have on the number of ties, or the futuristic style vs historical. Also plain banner material or with detail added to it?

More ties

Less ties
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:57 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Updated now with wavy fabric thanks to Steve. :)

Currently you can see the quads on the fabric mesh, I can use a smooth normals function and they become very silk like in appearance. I need to check with the printer to make sure it's ok before I apply it to the model as it could have odd effects when it comes to printing. In worst case they print as is and I do a touch of sanding.

And since I had my digital groove on I dug this guy back out and he's 90% done. :)

paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 am

cool stuff!
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:19 am

I couldn't quite put my finger on the problem with the flags. The lack of wavy fabric was it - they look a thousand times better now!
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 pm

WIP model for a UFO like thingy with guns. (i've been playing entirely too much Xcom lately)

Weapons aren't final but a rough idea of what I'm thinking. Will be around 30mm long.

Long range single beamer rough mock up

paulson games

Postby paulson games » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Infantry rifle re-visited. A couple of minor tweaks to help with casting. Also did a pair of quick mods to create a heavy pistol and beam rifle.

paulson games

Postby mangozac » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:36 pm

The UFOs I'm not a big fan of. They're just a bit too much like a disc with guns attached for my liking :(

On the other hand I love what you're doing with the infantry weapons! You've got some cool shapes going on. I still feel that they need another pass of detailing though...
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Loving the weapons mate :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Seb » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:28 am

I think I mentioned on ATT, but I feel the weapons need to be more hull integrated - rather than sitting atop the dome. Seems unbalanced. :!:

I'll reiterate my love of the beam rifle (top most weapon) :D
Seb

Postby paulson games » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm

I have some thinking to do on the UFOs. I agree on not having the wepaons top mounted, but I'm going to need to figure out how to rework the current design as the engine layout gets messed up if I center the weapons on the hull horizion. It's something I'm going to give some time to roll around in my head before I commit to any prints.

My current batch of stuff is out for printing here's a shot of the finalized parts. The rifle scope I switched out to be the same design as the beam rifle. It gives it a bit more uniform of a look and will also help with th casting. Quite a whiel back I'd printed outthe old versionof the rifle and the old tube style sight was a tear point. The new sight shoud cast a lot easier as there's no undercut in the shape.

All the parts will be in 28mm infantry size and in a larger 54mm scale.
paulson games

Postby Fleafa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm

All looking very tasty indeed. Good work.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:31 am

New parts are finally in & currently available on pre-order. :mrgreen:

Two scales for everything

Last edited by paulson games on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 am

Looking very tasty if i may say so myself :D

Deadmeat30
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling