[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3d Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3d Stuff

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: 3d Stuff

Postby mangozac » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 am

I don't think the gaps between the straight sections is a big deal. I'd make the corner section a little bigger and just have a rectangular shaped piece of acrylic rather than the fancy cross shape in the mock up.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby factor40 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 am

IMHO, I would tighten up that space on the sides a little bit. Some folks won't care, some might and it's just a matter of sliding the edge over. Might as well please as many peeps as possible ;)

factor40
Habit

Postby paulson games » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:31 am

These pics aren't the best but the parts came out really nicely. Will update with better shots later.

paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:04 am

yeah, those did come out pretty awesome. Good job.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:15 am

You cant argue with results my friend.... Great Job!! Those look wonderful!!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Wow they look fantastic! Great work! Have you done any cleanup? The printing seems flawless!
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:44 pm

No clean up was required on most of the model, however the rear of each piece where it attached to all the support material was a horror show to say the least. The material was especially britle and chipped a lot while I was removing all the little support blobs. Spent a couple hours greenstuffing and repairing those areas.

Was very happy with how 90% of the print came out, the back end of the pieces... not so much.

Same printer as before but way heavier on support material than previous prints not sure why as several of the previous ones were much larger and had fewer marks. ::shrug::

Here's a couple shots, they look much better in the pics than they do in person as the camera won't focus correctly. In person they look like they were hit by a shotgun and have gouges all over the rear.

paulson games

Postby paulson games » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:11 pm

It's been a while since I did an update so here's a whole bunch of stuff

paulson games

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Wow the futuristic city accessories are awesome! Makes me wish I was doing a "bright" future diorama to put them in!
mangozac

Postby Commissar-Krad » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am

Really liking the vending machines and such. Would be great to add details to my groups city fight terrain.
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby paulson games » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:37 pm

WIP cryo bed concept.

paulson games

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 pm

I have always loved cryo tubes and sleepers.... This is real cool!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:22 am

Great work on the Infinity-style props!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:18 am

March Releases are in. These are shots of the masters direct from print, the print quality on this stuff just seems to get better and better IMO. Paid a little extra to have the clean up service done by the printer and these are ready to go right to molding without any further labor on my end.

paulson games

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:39 am

Very nice Jon!!! Im gathering my stuff together and will order sometime in the summer. Fantastic stuff you have bud!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling