[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Factor40's Public Display
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Factor40's Public Display

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Factor40's Public Display

Postby factor40 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:48 am

All my stuff for the foreseeable future will be heroic scale. The arms are being done by another artist and should be finished in a few weeks, which would mean a mid-December release, hopefully. The jet pack is being re-tooled a little, it's not forgotten. I imagine it will make it into the release wave for January or February.

factor40
Habit

Postby factor40 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:40 am

Time to post some new items, I've been neglecting my thread here on RA. I'll be posting more WIP shots this week.

2 new head sets going on sale this week at Mad Robot Miniatures. First is Mohawk Heads, featuring hair sculpted by our own Fleafa(thanks, Ben!):

Next is Bald Heads:

I's also like to introduce my new best friend...the SPLIT MOLD! Why I did not try and tackle this sooner is a mystery to me. Paulson can attest to my rantings about how great these have worked out so far. I cannot go back to a 2-part molds...EVER! LOL! Without further ado...

-Steve

factor40
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:17 am

Awesome Steve!!!

The mohawks are friggin Awesome!!! I DO want a set for sure, Maybe after the Holiday.

And congrats on the split molds.... Im in the same boat, Why didnt I do it earlier!!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby lone dirty dog » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 am

AMAZING !!!!! I know I have all ready said this but I had to say it again, good luck with the split moulds.

I will be sending you cash for these heads and the project for sure.
lone dirty dog
Casual

Postby paulson games » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 am

These look great. The 3rd and 4th bald heads faithfully capture a GW style "I gotta poop" grimace.

The expressions came out great and you've gotten really good at exaggerating all the right spots to make the facial details pop.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby factor40 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:34 am

LOL...poop...

Bald Heads & Mohawk Heads are now available for sale

-Steve

factor40
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 am

Yay! They look like they came out reasonably well. How was the texture on the shaven mohawks? I was concerned about that not coming out.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:22 am

It's lite, I would say. Hard to see but it would be more noticeable if there was no texture at all. You did excellent work!

Hopefully you're up for some more hair work, I've got some female heads brewing currently ;)

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:58 am

Great teamwork guys; they do look great!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:29 am

This is a set I'm working on called Personalities

-Steve

factor40
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:33 am

Ha thats badass, you should do all tge actors from the expendables 2. chuck norris would be awesome.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:44 am

Love it! Great work Steve!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:06 am

Is the guy with the hat from apocololypse now? The general that's in charge of the helicopter attack so he can go surfing?
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby factor40 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 am

factor40
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe