[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Factor40's Public Display
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Factor40's Public Display

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Factor40's Public Display

Postby Islacrusez » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:22 am

Wondering why the conical mag on the assault shotty, shotgun ammo is almost categorically cylindrical enough to make a cylinder an efficient mag. It's also inconsistent with the straight mag on the combat shotty, which implies that the ammo shape is the familiar one. I'd also personally slot the cylinder mag deep into the weapon, as otherwise there's a long distance to feed the ammo from. I understand this might be largely to separate it from the grenade launcher, but I'm not sure suspension of disbelief should be necessary for such a goal; perhaps a smooth outer edge on the cylinder will make the difference sufficient, especially since the weapons will also have a different barrel shape and some differences on the body?
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby factor40 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:10 am

These are going to be cast for use in a tabletop wargame, less than 2.5 cm long. At that size I follow one rule...the rule of cool. That's the best thing about making sci weapons.

factor40
Habit

Postby Islacrusez » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:16 am

I'll... just leave you to it then.
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby factor40 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:34 am

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:01 am

Here's a final render on the upcoming ANZAC Heads...

Is the mix of "hats-up" and "hats-down" OK, or do you think they should be all one way?

-Steve

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:25 am

I think the mix is good. Not going to do a both sides up version?
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:28 am

factor40
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:42 am

I like the mix adds character, one or two with the other side up would be good also i think.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 am

I don't know how accurate both sides up is (if it doesn't show up in your research then it probably didn't exit) but I figure it would look cool ;)
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:52 am

factor40
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 am

I dont say it enough Steve but I like most of what youre doing now. great stuff!!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:46 am

factor40
Habit

Postby factor40 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 am

Sorry for my extended absence...I want to share our latest Mad Robot project...the DaNamian Jungle Fighters

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the genius work of our own Fleafa. I handed over the lion's share of work to him on this project and he has proven to be a true wunderkind!

Preorders have started today! :o

factor40
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling